List of deleted characters?

Yes, one WoW account too. And again, I still have level 25 dks that I logged on once in my life 8 years ago. There were some server merges for RU servers, maybe Blizzard decided to just permanently delete my character during a merge, idk

But they weren’t DELETED BY YOU were they? Blizzard do not delete characters, only YOU can do that.

This is what happened to you, you had max level in WoD which was max 100, which YOU DELETED, Legion put the max up to 110, then came BfA with level 120, then SL to level 60 and DF to level 70.

Shadowlands squished that 100 down to 40, and the character is below the level 50 needed for it to stay in deleted characters forever.

After 120 days characters 30-49 are permanently deleted. SO IT’S GONE, long gone. Probably removed from the deleted list in Battle for Azeroth or Shadowlands.

Edit: I needed to change a couple of incorrect items and make it clearer.

How many times do I need to tell you that it doesn’t make sense because I still have multiple level 25 DKs still in DK starting zone? Not to mention that I have a deleted mage that is in 30-49 bracket still intact. It’s just that one specific character that got deleted? I don’t buy it

What Dottie is trying to explain is that it doesn’t matter how many low level characters you have, it only matters if you delete them. I have level 1s that never vanish because I haven’t ever deleted them from my character list.

As far as I’m aware even if your account is inactive for two expansions it’s only the character name you would lose. As long as you have not deleted the characters.

Character deletion should only really be used for characters you no longer want. If you didn’t delete the character then it’s not going to show up on the deleted character list. If your character was max level in WoD it would have been level 40 after the squish. If you did delete the character the 120 days will have passed and it would be gone.

Years ago when some players had trouble after realm connections. The advice was to create a fresh character on that realm to refresh the character list. At this point you have nothing to lose if you do try it but you may have to come to accept that the character is gone :frowning:

Since the game release in 2004, we have never deleted players’ characters.

Characters can be deleted by yourself, someone who has access to your account (a friend, a family member, or a hacker if your account has been compromised). Deleted characters are kept for a certain amount of time in our databases, but I’m afraid that past this timeframe, deleted characters are forever gone, whatever the reason for this deletion might have been.

Other than that, it’s always possible that you’re mistaken on the account on which the character was on, but if a game master confirmed that they couldn’t find said character, it’s most likely not the case here.

2 Likes

How many times to I have to say, YOU DIDN’T DELETE THOSE DKs.

You just don’t want to listen to anything that’s not in your narrative.

I think this thread need locking now that a Blizzard employee has given you the definitive answer.

If I didn’t delete those DKs, then how did they end up in the list of deleted characters? LMAO

I will repeat once again, because I see it’s hard for you to follow:
On RU realms I have DELETED all my characters and that was 7-8 years ago at this point. When I log into those realms now I can see level 25 DKs, I see level 40 something mage on the list of DELETED CHARACTERS, but a shaman that was highest level of them all is gone.

I just can’t comprehend how I still have so many characters on the deleted list (different classes, different level ranges) and those are characters that I haven’t logged in in ages, but that one particular character, that was highest level of them all was permanently deleted (meaning it doesn’t appear on the list of my deleted characters)

Are you sure about that? Because I have plenty of characters deleted and they still appear on the deleted list years after the deletion. Seems like you’re not understanding something

Sorry for hijacking but is it possible to delete max level characters from the deleted character list? The delete button there is greyed out for even the oldest ones :confused:

You can not delete characters from the deleted list. They remain in the deleted list for an amount of time before being automatically (and permanently) deleted, depending on level, as documented in the support article here:

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/article/22478?flowTrackingId=5a3caea3-e578-4c30-adf8-99eea038644c

1 Like

No it’s not.

1 Like

They are not getting deleted permanently after some time

I said this like 4 times already in this thread, but I have level 25 dks still on deleted character list and those characters were deleted 5+ years ago. Same goes for level 40 mage that’s been deleted for 5+ years too and he’s still on the list

Got you mixed up you for the other poster, Nóirín in my last reply.

1 Like