List of deleted characters?

When I first started playing WoW I made my first characters on RU realms, since then I’ve been playing on EU realms for ages.

Today I decided to transfer one of my oldest characters to an EU realm, however I just couldn’t find that character. I definitely remember it existing and even checking on it a couple of years ago. It was in a Legion zone, so level wasn’t low.

Is there any way to get a list of all my deleted characters so I can look for that character and find him? Maybe I already transferred him and just forgot, I don’t know

The only way is to go to the realm and try and restore it, if it’s not there then you could try a ticket but it’s an outside chance they can do anything.

1 Like

Dottie I do not know why, but someone should have made you an MvP here…

They tried a long time ago, over 10 years now, but it comes with certain responsibilities about how you should post and I don’t think I can do that.

I tend to speak plainly and that can raise people’s anger.

1 Like

Tell me about it… I just left the US wow forums… wayyy to toxic for me…

If you are still using the same computer - or have access to the computer where you created your characters earlier - try looking in the /World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/<your account name>/ directory - all your characters are stored with local data - including deleted characters.

Nah, that’s not gonna work sadly

Got a reply from CS with a list of servers I have deleted characters on and that shaman simply isn’t there. I don’t know what’s going on… I know there were some server mergers on RU realms, but there is no way my character would just disappear right?

If you had deleted it, depending on the characters level it’s possible that the restoration period expired, after which it’s gone for good.

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/article/22478

1 Like

Character is at least level 50 first of all. Second of all I still have random level 25 dks I created like 8 years ago and logged in once and those are still on the list of deleted characters. Lastly, I don’t even think it should be deleted, because I clearly remember checking on it over a year ago, like actually logging in.

Have you tired the item restoration page?

If you go into that, the first thing you need to do is select a character. That selection page can be a good way to track a character down as it displays all your characters across all realms.

It’s not there

If it’s not there then you have no chance at all of getting it back.

When was it level 50 as there have been various level squishes.

1 Like

After the squish -_-

https://eu.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/1327/1329
“access my account+game data”
This may show your old characters, maybe not if they are deleted or not, but names and possibly realms.
Its a been a year or two since i looked at my data but i remember seeing old character names.

Worth a try but if the character was deleted and Blizzard could not see it then i can’t see it being in that data either.

1 Like

Well it’s not like blizzard tried looking into it. I just got sent a list of realms I have deleted characters on and that’s it

Hi there Gondawn,

I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have any luck tracking down the character you remembered, but if it’s not in the list of active characters you can see via the item restoration service, and Game Masters already provided a list of realms where you have deleted characters to check for and it’s not there either, then there isn’t really much else we can do to help.

More than likely it was either on a different account to what you recall, or was deleted for a longer period of time and met current criteria for permanent deletion.

I know old characters can be sentimental, but I do hope you’ll be able to continue your adventure on the ones still available!

1 Like

I asked CS specifically about that character because I remember the name and they just replied saying there isn’t matching characters…
I only ever had one bnet account, so I guess I just imagined that character. And I don’t see how I still have level 25 DKs on my account that are still in DK starting zone and that I haven’t logged into for like 8 years, but my shaman who’s was 100% max level in WoD is deleted…

And do you only have one Warcraft account in that battle.net account?

If it’s not in the link given above then it’s gone forever, WoD is 4 expansions old so that max character would now be below 50 and if you deleted it then it would be gone forever. This is why I never delete any characters.