Living Flame and Lone Wolf Realms Temporarily Locked to New Players

As a temporary measure to prevent further service issues, we’ve locked the Living Flame and Lone Wolf realms to new players. Players who have already established their character on these realms should see no change to their ability to access the realms.

Living Flame and Lone Wolf are now labeled as “Locked” on the realm selection screen, and new players who wish to enjoy PvP should select the Chaos Bolt realm.

Thank you!

45 Likes

thanks for telling me that after commiting to a 4 hour + queue. I just popped out of it for now not being able to create a character there. Thanks for wasting my evening.

75 Likes

So where is the free transfer to those who already have a high level char wanting to transfer? Better still, when are you going to fix population listing to high/medium/low instead of them all still showing “New”? We pay for this subscription, you could alteast give us options as some of us are understanding and know problems can happen…but to say make a new char on a new realm where you have no idea if full/high/medium or low is a messed up situation to put players in.

21 Likes

Make German and French Server please!!!

Why you dont hear us?

One german Server PvE of PvP and for france the same.

Why you dont understand us?

8 Likes

thx for letting me know this after 5 hours of queue… what a indy Company…

30 Likes

Blizzard this experience isn’t good enough. A lot of us have resubbed and paid money to enjoy this new expansion with our friends.

What you are saying is new players do not get the same experience as others who have already created characters on this realm.

All of us are really disappointed. Not the best start to coming back.

Is there a way of getting our money back? Plus the 4 hours wasted in queue.

29 Likes

Ty! 5H waiting and now this? i cant play with my friends? OMG

29 Likes

Can’t even change servers as I’m in a 4 hours queue :person_facepalming:

9 Likes

I literally just deleted my character to reroll race and keep my name when you locked the server and now I can’t play with my friends. Thanks for that.
We even rerolled from Living Flame to Lone Wolf to get away from the queues and NOT group up on the biggest server.
There’s no way I can get everyone to reroll again, so thanks a lot Blizzard.

Edit: And the Chaos Bolt server has turned in to the spanish speaking communitys server so the general is basically 90% spanish.

This weekend started off amazing.

24 Likes

The acceptable way to handle this would have been to lock the queue, allow everyone already in queue to create a character, and then add the block.

You’ve just wasted a collective 40000 hours or so of people’s friday nights doing it this way, on EU alone :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I have deleted my horde char on Lone Wolf to play with my friend on Ally on the same server. Guess what? I cannot create a new character… I lost my horde shaman and can’t play with my friend. Lose-lose situation… just great!

9 Likes

I thought Lone Wolf was actually the least populated server, but it turns out that it’s the second most populated one after Living Flame? interesting.

3 Likes

and you didnt even truely lock the realms! you can still try to connect with it even if you do not have an existing character there already. People are actively sitting in a 6 hour + long queue just to be knocked out from out of nowhere. This is insanely rude against your PAYING customer base. Blizzard, this is a joke.

7 Likes

Thank you for your service! No i can’t play with my gf. Wtf

6 Likes

So you are here to tell me that I just bought gametime, went through queue, want to join my SO after less than a day of going live and when I press ‘Create character’ this message pops up? If I got through queue 20 mins earlier it wouldn’t have happened. That’s just great really.

16 Likes

HAHAHAH GO AWAY

"

For Season of Discovery, we’re going to repeat this process. We will launch a handful of realms that can support a lot of players, so you can feel confident in your choice of realm. Please note: we will actively manage the realm sizes at launch, so you might see sporadic queues as the populations spread out and we ensure realm sizes remain roughly equal. If Season of Discovery proves hugely popular (as we think it might!), we will of course be ready with additional realms if needed. Please look forward to the announcement of launch realm names and types Soon ™!

"

9 Likes

Can you we a blue confirming whether or not it will be possible to create a character if you are in the queue before this change?

1 Like

I was in the queue before the change hit and couldn’t create a character.

2 Likes

It’s not their fault you all went to Living Flame when Crusader Strike doesn’t even have queue in middle of the day.

You chose to sit in the queue for 4 hours. And you had readily available information that you can’t make character if one faction is more popular on the server to begin with.

3 Likes

me too queue 5h and now nothing…

1 Like