Local moo-shaman is divided about professions

Hello everyone! I have recently returned to WoW with dragonflight after many years without playing seriously thanks to some friends (good or bad ones depending on how you look at it (?) ) and I’m discovering all the big changes and features, it really is a new experience.

I’m one of those finicky kind of players who likes to think in advance about what character they are going to make in terms of race + class and consider a bit of the “theming” or feel they get with it, even if profs are pretty independent.

So just in summary. For an enhancement shaman more on the line of theming for their character rather than making gold or pure optimization, What would you say about these options:

1- Enchantment: Cool theming around a battle-mage enchanting equipment with magic to fight, doesn’t have a pairing profession tho and I’m not that thrilled about pure farming gathering.
They say however mining or herbs can be good for enchanting since it gives essences (the rest probably will be just farming)? Maybe I will save it for DK if not since it has a similar battle-mage feeling.

2- Leatherworking + skins: I usually really like the idea of equipment crafting but I don’t know if it is really considered a decent option for shamans or that useful, what it your opinion? May have some overlap since I will be making other classes like hunter, monk, etc in the future tho.

(As a last resort option I always consider alchemy + herbalism but that is also the same for other classes so it’s just there in a case)

Thank you all.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.