Logging issue of thousand iranian players

It is to do with sanctions. What do you think it’s about?

The sanction rules still apply if you use a vpn or not, Also iranian players have been getting banned for using a VPN, I think you need to look into things some more.

I have some good news for yous though. If BBC news isn’t talking rubbish, Apprently Iran is ready to have talks with the USA about rejoining the nuclear agreement, The talks start next week or something. If this happens the restrictions from Iranian players using wow will probably be lifted if this happens.

1 Like

same problem. dear blizzard what is different between us and other people? why we cant play Because of our place in middle east and iran? pls help us and do something for your players !

Not Iranian but have the same issue too. It started yesterday. Keep getting WOW5190038 error message after trying to connect server list.

Please educate yourself before making comments, if it had anything to do with sanctions blizzard would’ve just make a IP range ban on any device trying to connect to their service, and trust me blizzard is no stranger to this method because they actually did this in start of MoP to Iranian players… .
Now what happened in MoP was because of Sanctions, even tho there were many other US based gaming dev companies (namely Valve and other…) who couldn’t give a flying damn about sanctions and politics in video games but appearently Blizzard needed so badly to comply with politics otherwise god knows what would happen to them!

In short, it has nothing to do with sanctions, if it had something to do with it, I couldn’t even make this post here. period. It’s just lazy communication between Blizzard unexperienced CS and Blizzard just being Blizzard, 10 months away from actual reality.
OH yeah, AWS (Amazon Web Services) too.

Mwa, it may not be due to the sanctions…but then Blizzard would have solved an issue of this magnitude if it actually was something not working as intended by now. They don’t even send in a Blue to acknowledge the issue, this is something else.

You are basing everything on assumptions, so does the one you comment on. Saying that he has to get educated is just laughable.

1 Like

They did send a blue, but the Blue was clueless and didn’t even bother to read up the piles of information players provided in the original post, data and information which could actually help the problem to be solved but nah he was too busy eating nachos.

Education:

BFA : Continuous Issue of being stuck on Loading Screens - #169 by Jingoraitin

SL : Continuous issue of being stuck on loading screens [NEW TOPIC] - #145 by Nazragoth-emerald-dream

So it goes from a helpful “we send your info to the ones who can solve this issue” in BfA to “…send WinMTR?” in SL. What part of this “education” rules out the sanction as underlying reason?

1 Like

Alright seems like I have to spoon feed you every bit of detail because you don’t want to read. look at the dates of old topic and when the first comments of new thread appeared, go google Iran sanctions (specially Trump Admins period), then compare the dates… then maybe you might be slightly more educated and less snowflaky than before. It doesn’t require much of a brain cell to understand simple logic yeah? IF it was to do anything with sanctions we were all gone by the first time we connected to blizzard server, simple and plain as that.

PS: It’s not based on MY assumption, its based on HISTORY. WE were actually banned for a whole good 6-7 months of start of MoP due to “Sanctions”.

Bingo!

Eh well, right in November (21th I believe) Trump enhanced the sanctions. So yes, I do find it quite suspicious that it started around that time.

You can play WoW without being involved in real money transactions, unlike in MoP.

Look, it’s still 1+1=assumption you pull here. I’m not saying that it IS due to the sanctions, just saying that we can’t say that it ISN’T either. And since they are so weirdly silent I have a feeling that it’s not an issue they want to resolve for one reason or the other.

World of Warcraft for most Iranian players was never about “Involved in real money transactions”, wanna know why? because we actually have no direct bank connections to the world or for say credit card or any other card to be able to pay for it. most of times we have to use prepaid game cards which other people bought before.
I was reading another post similar to this post about the same problem, until someone just like you came along and started making everything about himself and changed the direction of thread into a political one and eventually the thread got closed due to “too heavy politic stuff going on”.

You people never understand what being an Iranian will ever be like, you were given so many freedom and simple basic rights and you can’t even fathom and understand what we’re going through. can’t even play freaking video games these days just cuz of where you are born, its like the color of your skin and race problems now it seems.

Calm down. I do wish for everyone affected that it gets resolved - simple. But suggesting someone to get educated in a topic which lives on assumptions is just lame.

Realistically, people have been having issues since November, closing in on 6 months. That’s not a regular connection / banwave issue. That’s all I can say and I will leave you and this topic alone.

Oh…and those “you people” comments really don’t work wel for a dozen of reasons. Just saying.

2 Likes

Maybe you need to do some research what the term snowflake is.

There is currently sanctions in place which block you from using an American service. It’s also against the rules to use a VPN on Blizzards servers. It’s in the tos. So either way you aren’t supposed to be playing, Making threads for Blizzard to fix your connection when you aren’t supposed to be playing isn’t going to happen.

Go complain to your government instead of taking it out on the wrong target.

So yes research done. I’m off to play. You can sit and rage and use wrong insults.

you’re just not informed well enough on the matter to make wild comments like this. for example there are at least 2 or 3 other major US based video game developers such as Valve and they still haven’t made any action. even back in 2012 when Blizzard made any access to their services with Iran IP impossible, Valve games were easily played without any restrictions. so the comments on sanctions are not used in every case, you know what i mean?

hey blizzard, please do say something regarding issue? so we’ll know what is going on from your point of view? not to mention that there are enough WinMTR logs provided by the players who are struck by this problem.
if its something that can be fixed then i don’t think losing a lot of players due to some technical issue is a good thing, considering the state of the game as a whole.
thank you.

2 Likes

Hello!
I am here as the representative of Iranian players to tell you the problems the players have so that you and your powerful team solve this problem. As we had problems like loading in bfa and also we had to activate VPN in order to play, then by ticketing you found out and solved it. Now from the beginning of Shadowlands we have the same problem again. Not just Iranian players but other players do have this problem and can’t play online without activating VPN.
As you have said, using VPN is prohibited and using it will cause problems like account blocking. Here, I as the representative of all Iranian players request that you consider our problem related to connecting to the game.
The only way we Iranians can play the game is using VPN, and so players will be banned for it.
Please solve this problem for us, because now with covid-19 pandemic around, this game really entertains us.
I hope that you solve it for all the players. I really appreciate your support and perseverance.:heart:

131 Likes

I have problem like this guy please solving. Thanks blizzard

16 Likes

Yes i have same problem plz help us ty
Rodis

16 Likes

All of iranian players have this problem pls solve it thanks :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Blizzard , I beg you , the only happiness left in we iranians is these video games … which it’s getting taken from us already … Please , i beg you do somthing about it.
We iranians love warcraft , not only becuase its awsome , but it’s very similar to our own Legends , like Zahak who is similar to arthas , Kaveh (Uther) and etc.
Please make it happen <3

23 Likes

I have the same problem since expansion lunch and I have to use VPN in order to play WoW, which causes high latency. Please consider this despite of any political issues we have in Iran.
Thank you for your understanding

17 Likes