Long loading times of character models/doodads/textures in certain zones

Hello, I have the following issue:
Every single time I go to Dalaran and Orgrimmar, my character loads as invisible, I can’t move and it takes about a whole minute for other player characters, textures, doodads to load. ( shorter time in Orgrimmar )
Mounting in this state allows me to “move” and when I dismount I’m instantly located where I’m shown on the map. Is there any solution to this problem?

Hello there Smackaroon! :slight_smile:

Before I will ask you for diagnostic files from your PC, can you please try these basic troubleshooting steps, that usually help in such cases:

• First run the repair tool to repair any damaged game files
  • Out-of-date drivers can cause a variety of issues and are one of the first things to check when a game is having problems. Check for updates, please!
  • Disable addons and try without them. You can also reset your user interface to make sure your files and addons are not corrupted.

And if you need more help - please create MS Info file, here is how to https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/12988
Copy the results and put those up on pastebin.com

Provide the code from the pastebin link in your next post - the bold portion of this example: https://pastebin.com/ 2Qk28Ed1P)

Hello again and thank you for looking into my issue, I apologize for the late reply. The basic troubleshooting steps did not fix the issue. Below I have attached the pastebin codes for both MSInfo and DxDiag files:

rxtRRRM1 -> MSInfo
g1GfvMLW -> DxDiag

Hmm I used to have this issue on a 5400 RPM Hard Drive, are you using a Hard Drive or SSD, it could explain the issue.

Yes, I have an 1TB HDD from Western Digital. It has 7200 RPM though.

At least it’s not slow like the 5400 RPM I had lol, however I think it might be your Hard Drive I’d consider upgrading to a 1TB SSD if you can afford it I got the Samsung one from Amazon as Samsung have a Data Transfer which basically copies all the Data from Drive A to Drive B.

1TB SSD may seem like over kill but it depends how much storage you’ve used for example you’ve used say 250gig then get a 500gig / near it, unless you plan to use more storage for more games.

That’s the only thing I can think of is whats causing your slow data loads on NPC’s, Model’s, etc.

But I’d wait and see what Blizzard suggests first maybe they have a fix.

Hope that helped a bit.

1 Like

I’ve seen a similar suggestion in a related thread while I was looking for answers, and it might be a viable option, however it will take some time until I can upgrade. Thank you very much for your advice, I’ll see if there may be any alternatives!

If you do upgrade to an SSD, I can honestly say you’ll never regret it, upgrading to one was the best choice I made in ages. WoW loads up super fast now, among other games.

this kind of thing is happening to many many players across the world ever since 8.2 patch dropped…reseting UI, updating addons/drivers havent solved a thing. i have 1TB HDD and before 8.2 my loading screens to boralus werent great but certainly didnt took 3 minutes to load all the textures. and i even tried to remove all addons and set graphics settings to 1 and still the texture loading was the same

I have reset all the recommended WTF, Cache and Interface and still have this problem. It started the day of the aforementioned patch and was fine before that. I have had 3 driver updates and 3 windows updates since and to no avail.

If the only way to make the game minimally playable is to have an SSD HD, one, why did it work previously, and two if that’s just the way it is, please list it as the minimal requirements to play the game.

Hi Smackaroon,

I had this problem. Do you use a SSD or HDD?

I have a SSD for games only. When i had this problem, i would get all the things you were getting. When I checked the fragmentation of my SSD it was at 11%. Fragmenting, which is not advised for SSDs did not solve it.

I wiped my game SSD drive, done a full reformat (not quick reformat.) Re-downloaded WoW to the SSD and all is back to loading almost instantly.

try deleting the data folder. The launcher will download the game again automatically. I did this once and it solved my problem.
Something with WoW files getting fragmented due to patching (not talking about your harddrive but the wow data files themselves).