Looking at getting into RP could do with a few pointers

Hi all.

So as the title says I have been looking at getting into RP for a while now but never made the jump. I have done some surfing and read up on some old posts but they all mention different things and sometimes contradict one another so I decided to just throw this out there and see what responses I get.

I will give a very brief over view of my RP idea just encase it affects the answers I will need. My idea is to roll a Laughing Skull (bare with me here) Rouge that’s struck his own out into the world. A side note I understand their are negative connotations with LS RPers I just wish to state I am not going down the path of out right offensive and generally being a nuisance others have done so before.

Now onto my questions.

How important is spelling and grammar when talking to others? I have read somewhere this is rather important which is a bit of an issue with me as im Dyslexic and while not cripplingly so I do rely heavily on spell checker and my Grammer is, well its awful.

Secondly are their any underlying dynamics within the RP community I should know? Any big don’ts or general unwritten rules to follow?

And finally any other general tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time everyone.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/misspelled is an addon you should consider downloading, then!

That’s really good to know thanks.

Get the addon Total Role Play 3 and I really suggest that you don’t roll a LS as your first RP character, instead pick a simple combination (like my character who is simply a Forsaken warrior) and focus on the personality / backstory without writing up an entire novel but just enough to let your character’s own do’s and don’t’s guide you through the RP with other players

Cheers for the advice on the character. I already have the TRP3 addon so i’m good there.

I’m late to this party; I just want to add, you could give your character dyslexia, or a speech impediment.

As Morsteth mentioned, try to make sure your first RP character works well. Whatever you go for, know the lore you need, so you don’t get discouraged :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.