Looking for a RP guild

I feel like I’ve looked everywhere I know I can look and everywhere else. I need some help!

I started my RP journey on the Alliance side since that felt more natural to me, however I would now like to get into the Horde RP community a bit more. From what I can understand and have heard in the past it is very dependent on having a guild to RP with, but I can’t seem to find any that makes me interested and if I do I can never find said people online. Any ideas of what kind of guild could suit me?

Preferences:

• Mixed races but elves only could work too. Also open to Neutral.
  • Some kind of combat system since I love all kinds of those (used to Dicemaster addon)
  • I’m an “old-schooler” one might say so please no DK or DH unless it makes perfect sense. :slight_smile:
  • No RP-PvP

If you can think of any place that could suit me please let me know below!

3 Likes

It depends what roleplay you’re looking for specifically and who your character is.

Of which the only elf-only guilds on horde side that I am aware of are more military themed - occasional RP-PvP would be a thing (though nobody would force you to partake in those events)

4 Likes

It should be asked what your character would wish to join.

You have the netural cursaders from the Argent Dawn,
The Blood Knights of Silvermoon,
Perhaps a pirate?
Or a shop keeper?

There should be some options within the fourms, most the [PCU] guilds roleplay mostly as emotes.
While you also have some shop related guilds around Dalaran

2 Likes

It really depends on what sort of RP you’re looking for. I get that you’re looking for combat RP beyond that we’d need to know about your character. There’s plenty of variety in PCU guilds. There’s villain RP guilds, Horde side RP guilds, adventurer guilds and pirate guilds all of which stick to their fantasies.

I myself am a Fel Orc in a Legion themed guild.

I’d recommend having a look round the forums, there are plenty of guilds recruiting, have a read through them and decide if it fits your character or perhaps tell us a bit more about the character itself (:

3 Likes

I’m unsure on the guild aspect but there are people trying to get things running in Silvermoon again, I’m sure a guild or two, definitely Elf based would crop up in the coming days that could possibly suit your needs :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you everyone for your replies and your attempts to help!

My character would definitely best suit within the adventure type theme of a guild. Since mixed races is preferred I’m just guessing that rules out any kind of military bands? Since they seem mostly only blood elf RP or Warbands of the sorts. She’s definitely not a villain or a server - much more an arcanist who’s tired of studying.

Someone mentioned PCU, but from what I’ve heard most events available seems to be RP-PvP focused or much more leaning towards emote battle. As I said I much more prefer some type of rolling system with a few rules to it.

I’ve looked around these forums, going back to posts about a year old. I’ve looked through the Argent Archives and looked through Horde guilds updated about a year old. I even found some type of map linked in these forums and tried to reach out, without any success. I’m just starting to think the options are so limited on the horde side that perhaps I can’t find something that suits.

2 Likes

I think the thing you’re going to struggle to find is the rolling system. The few guilds I know who have one these days are Alliance side.

If you’re willing to forgo that - Red Venturers might be a good fit. They are adventurers who often work with the Horde military so you get a nice mix of event types from DM’d, to free form, and of course some RP-PvP on occasion.

Though that isn’t the bulk of what all PCU guilds do, contrary to what you might hear!

2 Likes

Ceralie beat me to it.
I would also like to reaffirm that you are not obliged to attend every event. For example if you don’t enjoy RP-PvP like you said; you can dip for times that takes place.
There is plenty of PvE & social RP to be had.

1 Like

I know the the Iron Wolf Clan used to be open to most races but I’m not sure on their policy now, they do a roll system. There are smaller guilds about that do rolling systems but they won’t be on the forums and you’d have to ask around to find them. You should get in touch with IWC they might be able to point you in a good direction. I’m not sure if The Valiant Accord are still about either? They did a roll system, were mixed races but they didnt do much combat but they are adventurers.

2 Likes

^^^ Yea great guild, think link to their discord is on their forum page

4 Likes

^^^ Yea great guild, think link to their discord is on their forum page

Thank you for the recommendation! Unfortunately, we don’t share our clan’s discord server link anywhere online, you receive it upon joining the guild.

We do however share the link for the Fireside Gathering’s community server on the Argent Dawn forums and on the event’s Archive Archives page, to. :grin:

2 Likes

Orcs, trolls, tauren ( and the allied races of all three), vulpera and goblins. :grin:

1 Like

Really? In my experience it is if not the norm, at least as common as not having one.

OP, if you want a multi race guild that takes elves and use a pretty involved roll system, try Vanguard of the Light. They are an Argent Crusade guild, so neutral rather than Horde.

If you can forego the multi race thing, then there’s Blazing Phoenix. Their rolling system is a bit simpler than Vanguard’s, but I really like it. The one we use in the Forlorn Order is based off theirs.

There’s also the Thalassian Skyguard. I am unsure if they do rolls in their own events, but they have never baulked at rolling when they’ve done stuff with us, so maybe worth asking!

1 Like

Useful to know!
I think it is as someone said above, those guilds aren’t advertising themselves so you just have to hope to find them through connections somehow :slight_smile:

Thallassian Skyguard isnt hard to find, they have a post on the forums, near the top aswell, and are reachable in the dalaran/legions legacy discs

I was referring to guilds who use roll systems not advertising the fact.

1 Like

Ahah righteo, well hopefully theyll reach out to you soon

I can heartily reccomend all the above; but also!

If you like the adventure vibe, my own guild does a lot of that - though admittedly our dice system is very much on the simple side, if only because Im a simple man!

6 Likes

AYO IS KAITYLINN, Big fan!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.