Looking for Advice: I Can't Beat Zuna Skullcrush

Been trying the guides on WoWhead but things just don’t go as they say, she beats me everytime no matter if I follow a guide to the letter or wing it. It isn’t even the challenge it is just the regular version.

Anyone got a team that has some success against her?

2 Likes

Have you tried the strats on Xu-Fu’s? There are several listed there for Zuna:

Looking at my Rematch, I used Gahz’rooki, H/P Elusive Skimmer, Zandalari Shinchomper with the following notes:

Strategy added by Setione
HP elusive skimmer is the preferred breed for this fight.

Turn 1: Geyser
Bring in your Elusive Skimmer
Turn 1: Whirlpool
Turn 2: Stampede
Turn 3: Water Jet * repeat only if Fozling is still alive
Crushface comes back in
Turn 1: Stampede
Bring in your Gahz’rooki
Turn 1: Swallow You Whole
Turn 2: Swallow You Whole
Tremors comes in
Turn 1: Geyser
Turn 2: Swallow You Whole
Bring in your Zandalari Shinchomper
Turn 1: Aura of Gonk
Turn 2: Hunting Party
Turn 3: Claw
Turn 4: Claw

But that strat seems to have been … removed? … I assume I got it from Xu-Fu’s in the first place? (Or maybe I messed around, starting with someone else’s strat; I do that a lot.) So maybe it doesn’t work since Shadowlands?

But the top strat I linked to above has a great ratio and a Staff Pick flag, which isn’t given lightly, so I expect it is very reliable.

2 Likes

Yes but this is the thing, you need to GET Xu-Fu for that. I’m personally 4 pets aways from actually doing my first Celestial Tournament. (Need to get the Archaeology and Darkmoon Pets).

I meant Xu-Fu the site, not Xu-Fu the pet! :stuck_out_tongue:

You don’t need those pets for the celestial tournament, I have them but never use them for that.
Also I have the 4 pets from the tournament and I find them useless, I never used one of them for battle.
For Zuna I used this from wowhead, always a win

• Blightbreath 2-1-2 (any stunner might do but that one is just perfect for the job)
  • lava / fire beetle 1-2-2 (or any roach with “apocalypse”)
  • and rescued / gleamhoof fawn 2-1-1.

Turn 1, Blightbreath casts “bash”.
Turn 2, let your beetle in and cast “apocalypse”.
Turn 3, switch to your fawn and cast “bleat” and “tranquility”.
Maintain “tranquility” active all along casting “bleat” when available.
Three turns before “apocalypse” hits, switch back to Blightbreath so he casts “bash”, then go back to your beetle. Heal it with “cauterize” (or not, who cares as fawn will heal it anyway) and cast “apocalypse” once more as soon as you can, then switch back to the fawn and go back to “bleat” and “tranquility”.
One turn before “apocalypse” detonates, switch to the beetle.
When only one opponent stands, switch to the fawn and cast “tranquility”, “bleat” and “stampede” (you might go for “stampede” straight away as it is a 3 versus 1 fight from now on, but well…).
Fawn dies, let Blightbreath in and cast “slime” then “sleeping gas”. If the opponent is not put to sleep, cast “bash”.

Instead of Blightbreath, i used another one with stun, don’t remember wich one but it doesn’t matter… all you need he’s a stun

3 Likes

That seemsto be this one:

1 Like

This one worked. Thanks a lot!

dark magic has brought the strategy back from the dead :scream:

Glad to see you were able to get it done Hiyorin, and grats!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.