Looking for an active, fun RP guild

Hello, Calbee!

I think it’d help a lot if you specified what kind of roleplay you’re looking for. With some more specifying, people can much easier point you to where you’ll want to be. Most guilds aren’t interested in ERP and have a sense of humour, which leaves you with a very broad amount of guilds that could suit you OOC.

However, guild concepts all vary IC and ideally, you want to look at something the two of you also enjoy to roleplay in/as - if the roleplay’s no fun for you, you probably won’t stick around. Because of that, I suggest you also list some IC specifics. Maybe you’re looking for a certain racial guild, or a class oriented guild?

3 Likes

Hello!

I can highly recommend guilds such as the one I am in, the Rotgarde, aswell as the Hand of Conquest, Highblood Myrmidons, Grim Gest and the Painted Shields. They’ve all got a militaristic focus with different themes depending on the races of WoW, aswell as strict rules against ERP and the like. All guilds are very active and has a good community to go with it!

12 Likes

I can second this. The Rotgarde, the Hand of Conquest, Highblood Myrmidons and Painted shields are all top quality guilds on the Horde side.

6 Likes

I personally would recommend the PCU guilds to behonest, they have a very large community and host regular events, some rp-pvp, dm’d events with players acting as npcs. Alot of work goes into the events they run.

6 Likes

Why pick a guild when you can have a community?

Stygian Legion, colloquially known as PCU, is a collection of cool thematic guilds. Providing something for every race in the Horde.

But if it’s Alliance guilds you’re looking for then

… Is a fine choice. They have a strong sense of their own concept and actively work with others to provide RP for everyone involved.

8 Likes

Since it hasn’t been recommended yet, if you don’t want to be loyal to the Rotten queen we have as a warchief, the Frozenpaw clan is a good choice. Every time I’ve met them they have been friendly towards me, a non-guildie.

4 Likes

Can’t recommend those sorry

If you want to enjoy the PCU even more than these mons are suggesting; be their ENEMY in the Hand of Zul (shameless shill), cause RP’ing as a supremacist Troll and having all these Sylvanas loyalists to fight against is great.

5 Likes

Damn… based and loapilled

5 Likes

You should go and join the PCU, I’m in it and I don’t have any regret any minute, nice people and awesome characters, ERP is forbidden and it’s the only community in the Horde that does a great job with rules, they have a few guilds and they all share one rule, ERP is forbidden.

2 Likes

Alliance-side, you could try out Sons of Silver if you’re paladin-oriented.

Knights Gryphon are great if you’re into the hero fantasy.

Moonlight’s Embrace for Nelves, or Nightblade Sentinels. Both are great.

For Draenei, you have the Sha’Ur.

Dwarf RP has the Ironbrand.

If you just wanna be a footmen, there’s Footmen, the guild.

Men of Good Faith if you just wanna be a bit of a lovable scoundrel IC.

2 Likes

On a more serious note -

I suppose a good place to start is; what Race do you want to RP?
What sorta’ themes do you like RP’ing around?
What kind of RP is to your preference? eg, drama/casual/conflict/RP-PvP etc?

1 Like

Men of Good faith are :joy::ok_hand:

Oh wow, just going to take some time reading through all of these and doing some research! Much appreciated everyone, AD ROCKS!

1 Like

We’ll see how long you keep that opinion.

EDIT: Just realised you might not get the joke, but some of us Joke that this is the Worst server EU.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Mythundis. From the answers I can see AD has plenty of people with a good sense of humor and ERP seems to be less popular than we’ve been told. (I think AD has a lot of false rumor rep on other servers) I’m partial towards a partisan (guerrilla war/actions) style guild or the lovable rogues that do heroic things but don’t go telling the campfire stories about it.

When it comes to classes, we’re open for any tbh and even a guild on both sides of the coin. I do have a slight preference for Dark Iron Dwarves and gnomes with hunters being my favorite class. The other half is a paladin/rogue fan.

I think the only thing we’ll actively avoid is strict military RP as OH is about to join RL army so that’s enough military to do.

3 Likes

You’ll find plenty of guilds that match what you’re looking for, sadly not all of them are on the forums, Best of luck and Welcome to Hell… I mean Argent Dawn.

a lot of epic twitch gamers seem to have a weird view of ERP being the main type of roleplay on world of warcraft

1 Like

Yes and no, depends on where you look, really

Damn, my condolences

As for the guild, you could try and reach out as they know good stuff when it comes to RP. Only issue is that I am not sure if they are currently open for recruitment.

How can the undead Rotgarde have a sense of Humour when it’s a DEAD atmosphere

2 Likes