Looking for guilds outside the norm!

Hey there AD! I’ve been itching to come back and join a nice RP guild for some time now, but I’ve really been looking for something outside what I normally see advertised. There’s plenty of general alliance-themed and horde-themed guilds along with race specific or mercenary/adventure guilds around but I’m looking for something a little more different.

I don’t mean to paint these guilds with the same brush but I’ve been around long enough to want something a little other than the normal archetypes this time. So if you know of any active guilds that are maybe a bit more niche then do let me know of them!

4 Likes

Tips hat

Hello! I am the GM of the Twelfth Penal Company, I would certainly consider us a niche guild, here is what we are about:

Born from the rat infested cells of the Stockades and the desperation of a nation, The Twelfth Penal Company was formed to fufill the rising demand for soldiers for Stormwind’s rolling war machine as it clashes with the Dark lady’s Horde. Will the Company build a mighty reputation for itself? Or crumble due to incessant bickering and a lack of discipline? It all depends on the actions of the convicts themselves. War beckons the Twelfth Penal Company ever onward.

So yeah we are a Penal unit with an interest in reformation and redemption, we are highly drilled though and it certainly isn’t for everyone.

1 Like

Howdy, I understand your need for something new, and so did I, hence I made the Rams Garde wich is more of a militarized bounty hunting guild. If you scroll down on the forum list, my post of the Rams Garde is not too far away.

1 Like

Tips -real- hat Why hello there!

I’d love to recommend the guild Sisterhood of the Serpent (or Serpent Sisterhood in-game) as a group of Mercenary-Assassins for your perusal!

A shadowy organization of killers and brigands, the Sisterhood is nearly cult-like in its workings, but are as-tough or tougher than any other mercenary band. Comprised entirely of women, the Sisterhood are willing to take on any contract provided the price is right. Loyalty is their creed until the job is fulfilled, and the group does not discriminate from sister to buyer. They are masters in their field, and unconventional in their methods, but the job is always fulfilled when it comes to the work of the Serpent.

Being made up of all races within the Horde, the Sisterhood is a mercenary organization that pride excellence and liberty in their work. While on the surface they may appear as a group of contracted killers, their organization and themes go MUCH deeper, and their bond is just as tight as the namesake. More can be read about them here.

1 Like

Niche concepts are incredibly hard to maintain and for this reason don’t end up lasting for long unless they’ve a very highly dedicated team that knows what they’re doing. Rather than recommend you to join our guild (which is clearly superior, cough) I’ll instead say that Serpent Sisterhood and Rakihu both are awesome. Rakihu runs a mean good guild. Our guild is also incredibly strict, but if you’re interested, take a look at our AA…

www (dot) argentarchives (dot) org/node/163285

Else, here’s a few other ‘beyond the norm’’ guilds I’d recommend:

The Reliquary Institute (artifact hunting, H)
Frozen Paw Clan (H, clan, but full of some really decent folk)
Blackscale Marauders (pirates, A)
The Blood Rose (pirate criminal smugglers, A, with really good RP)
Oilgut Delivery (becoming active again, decent merchant guild, H)
Orgrimmar Peon Union (it’s in the title. H)
The Tide Raven (conflict heavy, pirates. Very good RP. A)
Copper Coin Company (a group made up of independent merchants. H)
Death’s Due (newly set up deadie pirate crew with a neat concept. H)

Do keep in mind these are only the ones I have had the best, most positive experiences with, and this doesn’t include those I have never interacted with. I’ve probably also forgotten some awesome ones. Whatever you choose or go with, I hope you find a place that fits you and your RP as much as you fit the guild itself!

I also know there’s a lot of pirates/merchants in my list, but heck, they’re the best “beyond the norm” ones I’ve had a lot of interaction with by far!

4 Likes

I’d say it’s pretty safe call the Sisterhood of Dark Mercy a niche choice (On Horde side, at least). We recruit from Forsaken women of all classes, willing to aid the Horde efforts, while pursuing enlightment and understanding of Light and Shadow.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.