Looking for help from the community

Hello,

My name is James and I’m a final year Media student currently writing my dissertation, my study focuses on escapism in MMORPGs, leading me here. I find the idea of roleplay and gaming as a possible means of escape really interesting, I am an avid tabletop wargamer and multiple tcg’s so my interests lie close despite never roleplaying myself.

I was wondering if I could interview a few members of the community, yourself, someone you know or those role-players you engage with. This will take place through messaging apps, forums or zoom calls if possible, you will be given the opportunity to be anonymous if desired, referenced through your ID or participant A, B etc. All questions will be associated with the game and the purpose it serves to you as an individual, such as why you play the game, how are your experiences influenced by this type of play and questions around your character and place within the community. These results will be gathered, analysed and written up with my paper.

If possible I would also like to experience the happenings of the community first hand to see how these servers work and go about the roleplaying process.

Before the questioning takes place, you will be given ethics forms and consent forms explaining the research deeper so you are completely aware of what your information will be used for. If this is something you wish to take part in, message my profile, or email me at b8005897@my.shu.ac.uk I would really appreciate any help you may offer.

(I apologise to the moderators if this post isn’t ideal in this area of the forums.)

1 Like

I’d gladly be interviewed, but I think you’d find more willing participants on twitter. There’s a lot of people who RP on twitter.
Find me as KorkragTheOrc and make a post, I’ll retweet it and mention a few friends. Hopefully find you someone willing! <3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.