Looking for Horde Roleplay

Hello folks!
I recently moved to the Horde side from Alliance and I’m looking to roleplay. I’ve heard that most of the roleplay on Horde happens in guilds so I am determined to find one, preferably a Forsaken one (but not necessarily) since my character is a Forsaken. I was wondering if there are any active Forsaken guilds. I found two - The Rotgarde and Grim Gest, but they don’t seem active and contacting them is difficult and has left me with no response.
So yeah, if you know of any guild on the Horde side that is recruiting, feel free to point it out to me! Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hiddly ho! Welcome to the Horde side. We are not a Forsaken guild ourselves but we are open to all so you are more than welcome to check us out and get in touch if you’d like!

4 Likes

all the forsaken guilds are (ironically) dead, shadowlands lore killed them off and we’re only now getting any redemption arc after everyone has already abandoned ship unfortunately.

Ahahahaha, welcome to the abyss, friend :slight_smile: I’ve been desperately trying to find a guild like this for a year now, but to no avail. There are no operating Forsaken/Undead guilds atm, I’m afraid.

Rotgarde is a group of friends who only take in former human undeads, so if you fall outside this “norm” they won’t accept you. Grim Gest is not a Horde guild, it’s a neutral villainous void guild which doesn’t have any presence on the Horde territories.

I really wish there was a guild that would represent the interests of all Undead on Azeroth (Horde and Alliance alike) and have a visible presense in the actual capital cities instead of gathering in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes I see new guilds with Undead concepts emerging, but they all seem to fail to take off. Oh, there are also DK guilds like the Veilbound Vigil, but Idk what or who they want.

So that’s why I was unable to find any forsaken rp guilds in trade chat! They just went extinct.

That’s actually a great idea! The UUN (United Undead Nations) would be fun and challenging thing to do.

1 Like

Your sarcasm here is quite out of place. Name at least one guild that focuses on Undead roleplay. Or Forsaken roleplay, for that matter. (upd.: Deathmarch is an amazing guild, highly recommend it, but it is Scourge RP, so it’s a different theme)

My wish to find an Undead-specific guild had two reasons:

1. It’s an extremely interesing and versatile concept that could have a huge potential. I joined the AD server with high hopes to find a guild just like that.
  2. Many (most) guilds and events focus on the “living”. Not everyone is welcome. So having a safe place for all Undead players where they could just be themselves and defend their best interests as one big community would be awesome.

… I’m not sure that was sarcasm.

11 Likes

I too recommend the Bloodsong or if you’re not looking for straight up Military a good alternative would be the Grimtuskers!

2 Likes

Quillestra continues to shadowbox after that disaster of a san’layn thread

9 Likes

which one?

1 Like

Imo Scourge guild is just this :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s also the only way to do pan-undead guild in an organic way. Undead are like elves, and extremely wide range of concepts with entirely different mindsets and goals that cannot coexist in terms of an RP guild without everyone becoming some formless blob with all individuality taken away from them for the sake of being able to stay in the same IC organization as people who are completely different from them just for the sake of OOC ideals of having big guild for everyone.

Alas this but unironically :sob:

The Ravensun and Hand of Agony are long dead (pun intended), the Forlorn Order and Rotgarde stood down and disbanded more recently - and between them a mass of other forsaken guilds have come and since gone six feet back under :pensive:

I’m not sure if there are any strictly forsaken guilds around anymore - though I’m happy to be proven wrong! As much as it pains me to say it though, times ain’t what they used to be =[

I hope you manage to find something though OP!

1 Like

It wasn’t :sob:
Like, I genuinely tried to look for at least something in good old trade chat for several days and found nothing.

I believe the inspiration was from the recent forsaken lore, where they’ve welcomed Calia, Derek and a bunch of other Alliance characters. The Forsaken themselves are becoming the political force to unite all undead. And if guild seems like too, uh, narrow focused type of society, a community may very well serve this purpose.

I believe there was a forsaken discord server, but it was about 3… 4? years ago, so I assume it’s as good as dead now.

There are guilds here and there and for those really into it, I think the Horde is having a slight resurgence in terms of numbers - I’d recommend trying discord communities too, it is where the people are at.

I won’t lie, role-playing becomes harder as time goes on. I have partecipated in a campaign recently, and logging everyday to check what was going on became exhausting. Not because the RP was bad, it was great, it’s just that IRL commitments are more demanding.

6 Likes

I guess this is what happens when you pin your entire fantasy fictional zombie race around a quite literal cult of personality of a fascist dictator only for the writers of said story to BTFO of her story and banish her to fantasy Tartarus.

Honestly it’s only looking up for Forsaken RP, for the first time in forever they are free to be as they want to be.

3 Likes

Bloodsong and Grimtusk are both great for all-inclusive Horde RP.

For exclusively Forsaken RP, I’ve seen two guilds around. One is Deathmarch, I can’t recall the name of the other one. I can’t vouch for their quality, but I’ve seen them roleplaying about in the world. Here’s hoping you find what you’re looking for.

Also, all-inclusive guilds aren’t necessarily formless blobs that lack any sort of individuality, just like race-exclusive guilds aren’t necessarily one-dimensional pigeonholes with everyone playing cardboard cut-outs of the racial stereotype. There’s room for conflict, growth and exploration of differences in both sorts of guilds.

4 Likes

Wait, really? Dayum.

They’d been going for 10 years? 12? Before I started playing, that’s for sure.

I am the Hordiest and Sexiest of Dead Stinkie gals.

Zug zug! Strength and Scalps!!

Edit: You can literally be anything you want with an Undead character outside the stereotypical “Forsaken” archetype. Yes there are your racial limits, but what is holding other RPers back to just make something wacky, overall you are just a Zombie with self awareness.

Dressing it as fascism is your prerogative but the fact is that the concept worked to create one of the most interesting races in Wow. I don’t understand what your jeering is supposed to achieve here*

*unless it’s this weird attempt to insinuate that the forsaken players of that era were in it because they loved fascism and the collapse of effectively all forsaken guilds due to increasingly unfriendly lore is somehow supposed to be a new great age