Looks like we are done with Enhancement Shaman changes because someone said so

Dont worry a random Discord moderator said Enhancement is fine in a new Wowhead post so dont expect any changes soon. And with blizzards track record of only listening to these random Wowhead posts we can pretty much expect to get nothing at all.

see yall next expansion for maybe some new Enhancement shaman changes ^^

The person i dont wanna name is also pretty much also known for gatekeeping his opinions on his discord and responding in the most toxic ways.

5 Likes

It literary gets me out of my clothes that they are acting less professionally than an INDIE company.
The “WoWhead” article writer claims that the core community wants 1-2 fixes and a few talent nodes changes and we are done. I dont get to comment his stupid post any further nor their commenters who troll anyone who claims the changes are underwhelming.
I said it and i ll say it again: I DONT CARE IF YOU 100% +++ DMG BUFF ENHANCEMENT AND DOES DOUBLE DPS THAN ALL THE REST.
The gameplay gets worse patch by patch and the abilities hover with each other when they all proc at the same time. BLOAT.
GCD wall on any kind of burst.
BAD FLOW FOR PVE
GETS WORSE IN PVP.
I am not suggesting any more its YOUR JOB to fix this mess.

3 Likes

i hate that guy who wrote all that fairytale to look fluffy for blizz devs.
He doesn’t represents me or the enhance community.
More then that the guy gave blizzard a full list of enhance changes needed and when blizz rolled that laughable “We like how enhance is played” meme of an answer … suddenly (Wordup) forgot even 90% of what he wrote before that.

1 Like

I think so many people have different ideas of how enhancement should play it’s always going to be the bastard child spec. I miss cataclysm enhancement at this point.

2 Likes

I just read that load of drivel. It toatlly reads ‘well I like it so the rest of the community can suck it’

I don’t think you can get anoyed at people who feel that blizzard have fundamentally change the feel of a class that they have played for years. forgot damage and talents for 5 minutes enhancement doesn’t feel like enhancement any more.

its ironic that the so called guide writer is trying so hard to stick with his current ways of playing that he is saying totemic is bad. Funny that you might have to change the way you play to make the build work.

1 Like

One thing i learned about wow classes, if someone says that spec is terrible i am gonna try it out no matter what, why because its never that terrible that what they say. On the enhancement topic only one aspect with enhancement what i hate is u never know what to press first because or everything is available or nothing is available. The dps is more then fine immo.

1 Like

well yea
simply put, elementalist sucks and has nothing to do with enhance.

i mean even storm sucks because it is basically a melee ele shaman.
SL killed of the core of enhance shaman unfortunately.
being a melee spec and your highest dmg spell are all range except lava lash spam (an ability that was alwats hated lol)

his write up is funny and he claims that most people dont want enhance to change. then again I see more people complaining about DRE and elementalist gcd bloat than people defending that garbage.

4 Likes

You see that because the forums here have the same dozen or so regular posters that just reminisce about how shaman used to play.

People that actually play the game and are active members of the community have different opinions. You can check that pretty easily on the discord channel.

Not saying that 100% of people agree with wordup or that enh is perfect, but generally the opinions quoted over here (2h, ss and wf, storm/elementalist suck) is the minority.
I can say that pretty confidently because in contrast to the forums here where everyone has their opinion and just that, discord has some other useful tools like polls and other media.

So yeah, I tend to think that when a guide writer can get data from thousands of people daily in an active discord channel, he has a better grasp of what “most” people want.

1 Like

lol the discord doesnt even have close to 100 active people, its just the same 10 people glazing Wordup all night. If you try to find usefull information or help on this discord you get like no answers most of the time because the last thing these people do is play the game.

3 Likes

would agree with you but i basically see no enhance shamans ingame either, so most people dont find the current enhance fun is a conclusion.
Performance wise enhance isnt really bad and from defensive side it really only matters after 17s or so.

I also would agree if we are just talking general shaman forum here, but the beta feedback forum is blowing up with lots of people saying current enhance plays like crap

3 Likes

Ok now you are either straight up trolling or are not even on the discord channel.
It is the first place new information is shared on the spec and has all the spec guides. It also is pretty easy to get help for the spec if you have specific questions.

I know that first hand because there have been numerous bosses I needed help across progress and people that are way better than me actually took time to look at logs and point out mistakes.

I won’t argue that people are playing the game. It is kind of a dead downtime cause people are waiting for the expansion.

I kind of agree. Although I find it way more diverse there.
There are the people that want to play classic shaman, the ones that want to play legion shaman, and those that want to play the DF shaman.
Problem is that blizz has messed up abit and instead of improving the DF shaman, they kind of made it worse with 0 effort put in.

I won’t defend them because they managed to turn the entire enh playerbase against them. Just waiting to see how they will patch it up from now on.

1 Like

Yepp , by this respond i can instantly tell you are one of these 10 people i mentioned. thats exactly how they respond on everything they dont agree with.

You give feedback to the class:‘‘Dude you straight up trolling or never played the class’’

You found a bug with scaling that takes 10 sec. to prove it to themselfs:‘‘Dude you straight up trolling or never played the class’’

You disagree with something Wordup said:‘‘Dude you straight up trolling or never played the class, daddy is always right.’’(yepp that literally how they talk there)

1 Like

You did not share your opinion.
You made a claim that is factually wrong and even orders of magnitude off in reality (I really do not want to stay on this point, because it’s pretty easy to disprove).

Discord is no place to give feedback. While you can go and say your piece, there are no developers over there collecting feedback, and main thing going on are discussion (which other people might not be interested in having on the subject you want).

Weird because when I went there with information about a bug being fixed and the guides not having it updated, it took like some screenshots with some back and forth until it was updated.

He is not right, but most of the time you know where he is coming from.
We are talking about someone that almost hated the storm spec and how it played and still spent hundred of his hours so that the community had all the sims, guides, information to play that talent build as optimal as possible.

So yeah, I might disagree with him on many points, but you do not even provide any points for me to agree with you on, just whining.

1 Like

i would argue that its the majority even on PTR class forums, lets be fair (I like what elementalist tries to be) but i don’t like that its the most bloated spec in game with the most random RNG resets in game also which makes you watch 8 abillities to time them/watch when 1 of Stormstrike/Lava lash resets just to find out you are overcapped on maelstrom so you dunk it all just to find out stormstrike reseted again and you lost a free strike while watching the boss/pvp mechanics/casts making you divide your eyes like a iguana.
the spec overcaps/rng/bloated/forces you to tab target each mob(For perfect performance) looks like blizz slapped everything they could into it without even thinking and calling it the day , why would anyone prefer to play this 8 core rotation abillity bloat of a spec with more rng the outlaw rogues in legion and not a ret with 4 core rotation abillities without rng and perform the same?

1 Like

Because complexity should be a matter of preference and not be linked to output?
And its good to not have that be the case, because if it was linked we would have only the most complex specs performing well and any player that could not reach that skill floor would be unable to participate.

I can understand that ability bloat is an issue, but what you are describing to me seems more of a personal issue, or (most probably) a pvp issue which I cannot comment on (I am really bad at pvp and cannot rly offer an informed opinion).

The only point that I am gonna clarify:

My point was more to the number of people that post on the forums compared to the discord and their biases.

Not that the discord channel does not have their biases, but its pretty easy to see those.
For example they actually conducted polls and in a period of 24h they had data from hundred of players (which were pretty different from the typical forum opinions).

To be honest the problem with Enahance is pretty simple to me. For a large portion of its life it played a certain way that people liked. They have drastically changed that with the new talents system in multiple different ways so it no longer feels like that same class. It is completely fair for people that are long time Shaman players to be annoyed at that.

If you like that changed then thats great, if you like having a lot of button presses like wordup does then all the power to you but i think its reasonable to say that, that playstyle should be completely option not mandatory. Complex play styles should be rewarding but the difficulty with that is always going to be balance. If you need to be a top players in terms of skill just to compete at your normal level then there is a fundamental problem with the class. Ultimatley the most important thing with any class design should be not alienating yout current user base which is what they have done with enhancement.

1 Like

I am not sure what you are trying to imply here, but just for the record, enh now is pretty close to how it played for the majority of its existence.

You can easily check this with any guide through wotlk, cata, mop, and wod, the main focus was to keep your FS ticking with your totem up, spend any maelstrom on instant spells and build MSW through the use of SS, LL, while filling up with some rotational abilities (unleash elements, fire nova, magma totem, ele blast).

Only during legion and bfa they tried something different, and a big portion of the playerbase did not exactly like the rework (although many new players started and did like how it played).

So while I second that the spec needs some trimming around the edges (mainly elementalist by reducing the number of keybinds by 1 or 2), I wanted to correct the narrative abit since it did not match history.

1 Like

No it wasnt , what are you talking about ? PriWave was added in Shadowlands which was the last expansion.

Ah yes the current playstyle is keeping Flameshock up with totems. Quick question are you AI generating your responses or are you just a troll ?

Actually think it went into a good direction but felt realy clunky and slow building up you resources at the beginning of the fight.

Pwave is an ability with 45 sec cooldown that interacts with your next Lbolt, how is that an integral part of the spec?

Been playing my enh shaman from the start of tbc.

You can take a player from wrath that plays enh, and he will be able to play the spec in minimal hours, since most of the playstyle remains the same:

• Keep your buffs/debuffs up (then: flame shock, searing totem, now: wf totem flame shock/lashing flames)

• Use your cool downs (wolves are the same, Pwave was added later)

• Spend MSW weapon on spells

• Generate MSW through melee attacks/abilities (ss and ll were the same, ice strike and CrL were added).

Compared to other specs, enh is comparatively similar to what it was through its lifetime.

As I said many players did originally like the spec and how it played. Just a percentage of long time enh players felt that the spec was losing its identity, and thus blizz reworked it in SL.

At the end of the day, everyone has preferences and opinions, discussing them is the point of the forum and every personal opinion is to be respected.
On the other hand, calling someone a troll when discussing facts on a topic when you yourself were not even playing during that time?
Good job on discrediting yourself!

1 Like

Are you sure you play enhance currently ? I have aplayed shaman since wrath, enhance specifically since mop. I’ve also played it through classic, bc and wrath. so i got a pretty good idea of how it plays i don’t need to look at old guides. I’ve also seen you ask how primordial waves is an intergral part of the spec and its literally been a core ability tied to our tier set for since November

Storm strike is absolutely usless currently which used to be a core ability frost shock was never rotational. Ice strike didnt even exist and although EB existed in the talents at times it was never a core rotational ability. Primordial wave has only been around since Sl and Interplay with searing totems from the old days has long since gone the only thing that is the same is hot hands and Lightning bolt procs. I wasn’t overly fond of the legion changes but at least they still felt somewhat similar.

2 Likes