Loot, All or nothing!

So have completed two world quests for 370ilevel Armour and Weapon Cache.

Neither of which I can use for my character!

So what I propose is this. Get rid of the Loot specific selection All together…
Or make all Loot Selection specific…Not just some.

I find this tiresome that in two weapon drops from world quests cache RNG gave me two 1 handers…whats the point…

All or nothing if you ask me get rid of this stupid if/or/but implemented “some!” selected specific loot rubbish…its massively frustrating and Infuriating.

That is my opinion.

Please discuss…

Yeah, i agree it should be spec specific.

I never had a problem like that, but doing wq’s and get a reward you can’t use, and it’s an upgrade, might be frustrating.

1 Like

It is massively. Thank you for your comment x.

Luckily for you this is changing on next reset. Every reward that is random (not known in advance) such as the caches will reward loot for your spec. Non-random (known in advance) reward such as ordinary WQs will still be class-specific (not spec) though.

2 Likes

^^ This

For those who missed Watcher’s most recent update:

In Season 2, emissary caches and similar rewards like Assault wrapper quests will award loot based on your spec (or loot spec, if chosen) instead of your class.

Standard world quests will continue to provide rewards based on class rather than spec, for two reasons:

1. You can see the exact reward up-front, and choose whether or not to do the content if the reward doesn’t interest you. This also can offer a way to shore up weak off-spec slots without worrying that you might miss out on a major upgrade.
  2. If world quest rewards were spec-based, it might seem like the right behavior to cycle through your specs when evaluating potential rewards for every world quest, especially early in a tier, which seems like pretty annoying gameplay.

But neither of those reasons applies to something like emissaries or Assaults, where you don’t see what the reward will be until the end. And as you say, it can be frustrating if it’s for a spec you have no intention of playing, or it can simply feel like a bug. So we’re changing it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.