Loot: PvP vs PvE, unfair stats etc

Imagine being a PVE player and having +30 item levels ahead of PvP players 194 gear.
At least you can get six rewards in the vault a week whilst for PvP it’s just 3.

Also PVE is also easier so the rewards shouldn’t be as good.

4 Likes

OP has no clue about PVP, yet comments on things he can’t even grasp.

Look pal, a PVP player right now could spam 10.000 bgs and still be capped on 184 gear (which is timegated, and will be upgradeable to 200 on wednesday). You on the other side, could get up to 203 ilvl by spamming only M+ by now.

If you also do raids, you get more obviously. Conquest is also capped at 550 a week, meaning only 1 item per week which u can buy (you need 4 weeks for a staff or any 2h weapon or like 2 weeks for a chestpiece or head).

Also, the weekly gear we get, is 200ilvl. All that 200 ilvl gear from conquest, CAN ONLY BE UPGRADE, IF and only you manage to reach certain points in rated pvp which is competion against players and not against specific mobs with specific tactics.

Overall, pvp players are capped on 200ilvl gear while pve players join arena on 210+++ gear right now, and you have the nerve to say bs about pvp gearing?

8 Likes

PvP has versa on it because it’s a really good stat for PvP, and if you get the PvP specific trinkets it increases it’s effectiveness by another 40% while in PvP content.

Obviously that’s a problem if you plan to get PvP gear to also do PvE, which is why we need a separate system just for PvE.

Thing is, pve gearing is purely rng. If you are incarnation of bad luck, you could literally get just one piece of gear and nothing else.

So your item level would be leggo + wq items + one 210.

But to be honest, i don’t think any gearing path is now viable. Everything is plain bad.

I don’t disagree with the fact that RNG is an issue that has to be adressed, I’m merely stating that despite the rng factors, PVE players still heavily outgear pvp players unless you’re skilled enough to outplay differences of 10-15ilvl which in today’s PVP is massive due to the burst meta.

So yes, maybe there has to be a change to the RNG system for m+, but also, make it so that PVE players don’t just come in PVP and roflstomp. Resillience has to come back OR if not, at least have a pvp system that actually favours people playing it instead of favouring m+ or raiding to have an advantage or even be equal in pvp.

PvE gear is pure rng, pvp gear is uber timegated.

The only ones that have good gear is tryhard raiders and whales.

Stack Mastery/Versatility with pvp gear on a MM hunter alway to 80%. thats like 160% raw damage increase to all their abiltyes one rison why MM is my main …

PvP gear not having its own stat is more annoying than ever for people with how scarce gear is atm, if that wont change this I wanna see valor return for PvE players so they can save up and buy specific items of various ilvls from the dungeon loot tables
That way even if you dont luck out on a drop you are one step closer to a nice piece :hugs:

first u have mastery what increase damage
then you have Ver what incrrease damage
still speial effect on gear as damage increase agaist humanoids .

stack all 3 to 80%
and u have 240% damage incrse on all ur ablityes in pvp

If you have 194 itemlvl then you are not doing pvp. No. Doing random bgs shouldnt reward you with 200+ itemlvl thats something for arena and rated bgs.

I think pvp vendors are the best thing bliz have done in years. However, if bliz want to do this low loot crap then ideally bad luck protection in the form of a pve vendor with guaranteed badges on a boss kill. This at least could guarantee a drop every few weeks or so depending on the slot your trying to fill.

Dont get me wrong, I don’t expect an item a week / two weeks like pvp. But it would be nice to be able to choose a piece from raids or m+ like every month…

Help fill out certain spots or get that pesky trinket (looking at you rubix cube) your struggling to get or grind for.

1 Like

I would not mind them removing versality and mastery and put back resilience on pvp gear. That would fix a lot of things imo.

I’m probably at 60~70 M+ runs on my shaman, haven’t gotten a single 1h nor shield. My hands are still at 200 as well, not even getting basic upgrades. Not getting a helmet for my off-spec either so I can get a legendary for it.

Why not? Btw next week you can get 197 as max upgrade for honor items. I don’t mind having it upgradable to 207 in a few weeks.

Reason for this being is that there are no ilvl brackets for (e)bgs, meaning that if you enjoy ebgs for example, you can’t get decent gear while everyone else who plays other content can easily get 213+ gear. There’s no ranked ebg version, and you can’t get better gear without playing other content, whereas PvErs can join ebgs with high ilvl and have a benefit without ever having played this content.

You can earn high end gear by playing rated bgs. Random bgs should be on par with lfg and lfr.

I was talking specifically about ebgs in this scenario, because ebgs don’t have a ranked/pre-made variant. I don’t care about (r)bgs, I want rebgs.

Wtf is rebg.

if rbg = rated battle ground, guess what rebg is.

the higest pvp gear is going to be 275 and crafted max ilvl is 285 dungon gear is 280-290 in 9.2.0-9.3.0

RBG = random bgs no rated.