Lore theory: breaking bonds with atrocities

I bet on this.

4 Likes

This is Blizzard writers attempt at stroking Alliance feelings and make the conflict all the more appealing by showing random samples of cruelty to make them feel invested.

Brennadam was a huge last minute attempt at making the Alliance questing experience more invested in a war that otherwise seemed absolutely secondary.

Horde team was busy making Laser Dinosaurs.

As it often happens, the motivation in the war is as one sided and Alliance-only as it can get. You won’t get these things Horde side.

7 Likes

Thank you Araphant.

3 Likes

True.
Atleast the alliance get reasons to want to slaughter the horde.
They cant even be bothered to give the horde a reason to fight.

2 Likes

Apparently it isn’t possible for Blizzard to write a faction war story without making one side feel like idiots and helpless victims, while presenting the other as monsters who enjoy nothing more than senseless destruction and torture.
Resulting in mass unsubs, people no longer being able to enjoy a race they have been playing for years or switching factions-which is just sad and really a pathetic display of their writing.
So yes, they better stop writing faction war once and for all.
Or take a dictionary and look up again what “morally grey” is supposed to mean…

9 Likes

Looking through my characters, eyes, there’s no reason why they should fight in BfA.

Best decision would be:
Let their Alliance counter parts do the work.
They will work with Anduin, Jaina, Shaw, Saurfang, Baine and Thrall to save Azeroth.

Being involved will only make things worst for them and everyone that really cares about Azeroth.

That’s what the narrative is telling my characters now.

That’s what my Human Warrior would tell to her Blood Elf Paladin counterpart.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Something more serious than Teldrassil has to happen that’ll shatter both factions, effectively disbanding them and rendering the remnants too weak to unify and fight again. Something so serious that it will make the atrocities of the past all but negligible.

An Old God victory perhaps?

Kill off the leaders of both factions, the Horde and Alliance disband, every race is out for themselves. Neutral factions like the Cenarion Circle and Argent Crusade take over fighting the big threats, recruiting mercs to help them.

3 Likes

I’d be all for that

2 Likes

Yes please.

1 Like

Are the inhuman filth gone from Stormwind too?

If so, I completely agree with your idea!

Yes ofc. I am sure Tyrande, Genn and the Kultirans would broker peace right away lol :joy::joy:

LOL,I think I have a crush on you when you are angry :stuck_out_tongue:

Aslong doesnt mean a old god world revamp instead of being repaired from cata abd we later get rid of old gods sure

I like the story, for me the best story they ever told, I might be disappointed at the end but I till now it was a good ride.
The tree was burned to trigger a war of annihilation.
I like the horde story better and I don’t have any problem playing either fraction.

About Anduin:
Storywise the real division is between the ones that follow the lead of the ‘lady
wrapped in dark swirlies’ and those who chose a different path.
Although Sylvanas loyalists and Alliance crusaders are fighting in the forums they are actually in the same team, they follow the lead of the lady. The Masters are really pleased.
I like to be positive, so I see him as a leader who didn’t let his emotions cloud his judgment.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.