Lore Tidbits #6

I quite like the premise of the Inn of Forever. Seems like an afterlife for lifelong adventurer sorts.

Well, back in BfA, the Hearthstone tavern was datamined. Maybe that is an afterlife!

Wait… what?

Goblins also believe in The Great Party.

2 Likes

Here. It was datamined in 8.2.5, but never used.

Hearthstone Tavern in WoW!? Map Exploration - Patch 8.2.5 | Battle for Azeroth - YouTube

1 Like

I’ve added this thread to the list of Useful threads: setting, story & roleplay given it’s focus on tidbits that could be interesting for Roleplay. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

To add a tidbit; though the “Earthmother” is usually considered the domain of Tauren, a few orcs are also shown to revere her (or at least acknowledge her) as a deity:

2 Likes

Minor spoiler:

In Tazavesh, you can find books written by a Broker who is searching for the Sepulcher of the First Ones. During a visit to Oribos, he encountered the soul an alien creature that had retained its form known as Irik-Tu, described as speaking with four tongues and having multiple clicking legs, so a type of insectoid. Irik-Tu explained his great delight at the Arbiter’s kindness when he was sent to an afterlife which was a hive of his own people, and after spending eons there, he returned to Oribos to marvel at its splender.

So yes, racial afterlives DO exist by account of Irik-tu, and you can depart and go back at any point in time.

2 Likes

A fact they keep telling us over and over again, yes. This has never been in doubt.

1 Like

Years ago, a goblin named Salzhigh created toy clockwork penguins. He showed them to some centaur, who had never seen penguins before, and purchased them as idols to be worshipped at altars.

Salzhigh - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

Dumb centaurs.

I want 200 of those penguins.

1 Like

Emphasis mine. They tell us all this, but never bloody show it.

On a metaphysical level, did Elune save the dark trolls from Mueh’zala’s cruelty by them turning into elves?

If one thing turns into another, does their racial patron deity and afterlife reject them?

Humans are now Worgen. Bam. No more vauge Light heaven, you go to the cosmic kennel with the others of your kind.

This is horrifying.

3 Likes

It was the Well of Eternity’s doing, not Elune’s.

I know. I mean through their worship of her as they were no longer trolls, getting a new race god.

Also, kaldorei turning to quel’dorei, sailing east lost their Elune connection. What happened to them until they adopted the human church? Sun worship isn’t canon but if it were, would it be like An’she for the tauren bumbling into the Light?

It’s considered bad luck to kill a Tortollan.

Nono… it was Elune who shaped the NElves, from Dark Trolls, by way of the Well of Eternity…

sagenod

Filthy Tortollan propaganda intended to discourage us from violently murdering the lot of them.

4 Likes

Considering that it’s the worst rep grind in BFA, yes its definitely propaganda.

1 Like

Tortollan are the worst. It’s clear they’re Horde, there’s even one in the Zandalari council!

2 Likes

While Tidal Guardians were depicted as sea serpents in WC3, they were confirmed to be the electric worm-like creatures added in 8.2, though large serpents that come out of holes in the ground are also seen employed by naga like Serpentrix, so perhaps both are used.