Lorewalker Cho and MoP

Hello Everyone.

This probably was discussed before.
So my apologies for that.

When leveling my Goblin Rogue, in Pandaria, I came across Lorewalker Cho.

He is a very interesting character.

My only experience with MoP, when this expansion was current, was playing a human mage, for a month, in a friend’s account in a PVP server.

The only encounters I remember, having, with this character was with my Paladin and Monk, all Blood Elves.

He told a tale of a ancient people who suffered a lot, I saw the image of my characters, ancestors.
Naturally, when going with my Goblin Rogue, I expected the same experience.
But than he said: “Oh my, your ancestors all perished in a fire.”
I just burst out laughing, how much different, was the experience.

It’s experiences like this, that makes me wanna level one character of each race.
I have to go back with this character and my Forsaken Priest to see what he has to say about it.
My Orc Warrior definitely needs to go there as well as he’s still doing the crash in MoP chain quest, with General Nazgrim.
Things are not so promising, regarding my Tauren druid as he is only level 27 …

I wonder what he would say to the Highmountain, Nightborne and Zandalari.

I actually felt like my character was important.
As he is the one that goes and saves the Horde characters from the wreckage.
Recruits new allies and helps General Nazgrim building the Horde settlement in Pandaria, along side the Horde best veterans.
Also General Nazgrim isn’t a massive douchebag and he rose through the ranks unlike Nathanos.

From the Alliance point of view looking back from all those years, the story is different, you come across a fully established Horde in Pandaria and you have to fight it.
If I remember well your first mission was to blow up Garrosh ammunitions located in a Horde base in Pandaria.

Maybe the Alliance time line comes after the Horde time line.

My opinion:
Everything seemed less dramatic and more interesting in MoP, regarding lore and faction conflict as opposed to BFA.
Especially because it wasn’t the second time the factions went to War.
Not only that, we had Cataclysm making the transition, between WoTLK and MoP.
As opposed to Legion, no expansion transition and BFA suddenly.

I feel, everything is integrated.
Garrosh, Ogrimmar Architecture, General Nazgrim, Pandaria, the tensions that have been built up since Garrosh was elected Warchief of the Horde as opposed to Sylvanas suddenly deciding in one expansion to attack the Alliance and leaving the Horde in that same expansion.

Also we had the side story of Vol’Jin, his Monk training and Tyrathan Khort.

What’s your opinion ?

Thanks for your attention.
Cheers.

4 Likes

Ah yes, the family tree quest:

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Family_Tree

Sadly the alliance didn’t got this mission. You don’t even need to quest it again. You already can read all responses here.

1 Like

Thank you.

Now I understand, why I couldn’t remember doing this quest on my human mage.

It’s a shame, such interesting lore quest wasn’t available to the Alliance races as well.

Cheers.

The quest was not edited for allied races. Which should’t be a trouble for Highmountain, Nightborne and Zandalari. Just copy and paste their race equivalent experiece.

1 Like

Hmm you’d think, but I did that quest on my HM tauren monk, to get the HM heritage armor.
And he showed me my….Human ancestors(Which I think will be the case for Forsaken aswell, btw), I threw up all over my appartment.
After that I did several attempts on Lorewalker Cho’s life…but ofcourse since he’s a (supposedly) friendly target, my hands were bound…

2 Likes

That means… Oh my!

4 Likes
5 Likes

Wow I’m really shocked that this was a Horde only only quest as it’s one of the most memorable moments from my first time in MoP. Cho is a great character who is pretty mysterious - and the collective horde cultures are very ancestor focused - so maybe there was some extra layer behind us being shown the painful moments from our individual race’s past? This is a land where doubts, anger, despair etc can all manifest physically so perhaps Cho thought Horde’s “you don’t know me and what i’ve been through” attitude would have been our downfall in Pandaria?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.