Losing the will

I feel like Blizz just gave me the biggest “F-You, Peasant!” in all of the 15 years I’ve been playing.

I have been grinding gold for the Brutosaur mount since they announced its departure. But I’ve been using Raw Gold Farms since they are the most accessible to me given my IRL commitments and CHOICE not to join a guild (too much social drama/strict scheduling, I’m autistic and it stresses me out).

I’m no Goblin. I don’t know how to work the Auction House like some people. Selling via the AH is virtually impossible anyway since I’m on Earthen Ring/Darkmoon Faire; one of the LOWEST populated connected servers in Europe.

I’ve done the math and now it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to grind enough gold (regardless of method) to get the mount before even the LATEST predicted date of Shadowlands Pre-Patch (October). My daily Gold Target is increasing instead of decreasing because I can’t hit my daily target at all now unless I spend 8+hours purely grinding gold, not doing any other content at all and ignoring many of my IRL responsibilities… EVERY DAY. That’s not a game, that’s a job!

I considered a realm transfer but that’s not an option as they’ll only allow me to take 1Mil gold with me.

I just worked my butt off (and pulled enough late nights to be unhealthy) for the last few months to earn just shy of 3.3 Mil (as of this week) on a dead server… I was damn proud of what I had achieved so far. The goal was in my sights…

Until midnight on Tuesday when ALL of the farms I was making use of were killed off, LIVE, 2 hrs before maintenance.

Sharding/Realm Hopping has also made my server a nightmare to progress in because at any given time, I’m seeing players from realms that aren’t even connected to mine, razing the world of resources and taking them back to their own to sell. Who’s great idea was that? Earlier today I was fruitlessly trying to farm some gold in an area that was also occupied by players from another realm. They didn’t like that I was trying to use an unoccupied part of the farm area and tried to muscle their way in and steal kills (not unusual behaviour these days…) then I got a PM from one of the group: “pls go to another realm”… I almost lost my poop entirely at this point because I’m so frustrated at this situation, but replied as calmly as I could “this is my realm, go back to yours”. Earthen Ring has been my main home for 15 years and I now regularly get messages from other players saying things like that. They hop to MY ‘HOME’ and tell ME to go elsewhere… I don’t even know HOW to realm hop!!!

I’ve now completely lost all drive to even play this game anymore. What’s the point when desirable things are being siphoned away by players from other realms or snatched away by our Overlords (Blizzard) at the last minute?

There is nothing I can physically do to get that mount now simply because of the server group I’m in. I’ve effectively wasted well over a month of game time trying to obtain something that has now been made impossible for me to get. And please don’t suggest selling tokens… that would cost me over £100 to make up the gold I need. I find that idea preposterous.

My current mood is that ActiBlizz, as an entity, can take that Carrot they’ve been dangling in my face for the last few months and shove it where the sun doesn’t shine… :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

19 Likes

i dont approve of their stance on how gold is redistributed to goblins/botters/multiboxers but the fact that you went there to grind and your math failed you isnt kinda their evil plan..

6 Likes

My friend has been working really hard raw gold farming for the last 9/10 weeks and just succeeded today.

I feel your annoyance!

The only thing you can do is keep going, keep trying and stay as positive as possible but do not make yourself ill over this mount!

7 Likes

My math probably did fail, in all honesty, as I’m Dyscalculic too, but I’ve just reached the point where I literally have no idea what to do now… How the hell am I going to make 1.8mil by (probably) mid september on a dead server?

better question is why do you hate yourself that much?
may be go out do some dungeons/ arenas and enjoy your many gold points?

i am honestly advising you to not break your back for this thing
sometimes life gives you a hint in a some way your goals arent what you need!

4 Likes

I’ve been trying so hard not to, believe me. I just feel so freaking defeated right now because I can’t figure a way around this now. Autistic brain probably isn’t helping, but it’s not like I can just turn it off, you know? Stoopid Brain… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I really dont understand why people want this thing so much , the AH is literally the last thing that makes you go into cities and actually see people around you and perhaps even talk to them (sometimes it happens)

2 Likes

it’s not so much hating myself, it’s dumb brain that catastrophizes everything when there’s a bump in the road. Sadly it’s not something I can help. :frowning:

then listen to me:
you dont need this mount!
you want to go out in Azeroth and have some fun in an actual content!

think of it like this case:

5 Likes

I don’t really enjoy being around people, even IRL (social anxiety) and I know this is an MMO, but I’m here mainly for the fantasy escapism.

AH mount is more for convenience than anything, tbh.

1 Like

I know, I really get what you are angry about and thing you genuinely have reason to be if they have nerfed your gold source all of a sudden.

All I can say is to take a deep breath and remember its just a bunch of pixels anyway.

Dunno what to suggest to help you get that last 1.8m gold either other than keep pushing old raids and hope you make it.

3 Likes

hug :hugs:

7 Likes

Unique mount model for most people I know who want it or got it. They don’t care about the AH function just the unique model.

5 Likes

In her case it’s more because she’s anxious not really for the model , but I can get the need of getting it for the model if you’re a completionist

i would recommend to just relax and try to snatch it off the bmah, should be fairly easy since you re on a dead realm with fewer competition. you wont get the achievement but you can still get the mount.

7 Likes

Very true, lol. My brain would most likely feel better if we had an actual DATE for Pre-Patch to work towards, i’m thinking that’s probably the key factor that’s making me go crazy and get mad because I don’t know how long I’ve actually got left, lol.

1 Like

Well, depends how deep is your pocket is in this point
Start with a moving… to a “living” server
You said your are not part any community nor guild, so nothing chains you to your dead server, might as well move to a living one imho
Then if everything fails, the Token-route is still there
Yes, its time and money consuming “solution”, but at this point you either let it go and take up Engineering to have AH-acces (+ maybe spend your money for the AH bot parts in your garrison) or continnue and bleed your pocket dry :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I didn’t even think about the Cheevo, haha!!! :rofl:

How nice of you
I think he have enough problem without your “good” advice
Depressed people just looooove to hear how they should kill themselves :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

I did consider a move last night but immediately got mad when i realised i couldn’t take the money i had already farmed, lol. going from 3.3 out of 5 mil to 1 out of 5 mil on a new server is a massive kick in the teeth, especially at this stage. Sadly buying tokens isn’t an option… not if I want to pay bills and stuff in the short term! :wink: I do fully intend to move to another (more lively) server once SL drops

Where the hell do I start with that response…?! :rage:
That’s a disgusting suggestion (even if in jest) and you should be damned ashamed of yourself.

11 Likes