Lost Note of the nameless Champion

I have noticed a bizarre pattern: every two years, a new threat wants to destroy Azeroth. Every two years, we received orders from our superiors to get into the war and protect the Azeroth once more. In their narratives, they tell us that we are good guys; however, I have my doubts.

They offer us a few gold coins and a pair of green pants to go “East” and kill everyone we see, gather their belongings, and we do it - no questions asked. They tell us to slay local beings and grab their equipment only so we can progress deeper into the agenda of the Elites of Alliance and Horde.

“Champion, get into this castle and bring me the head of this elf.”
“Champion, I am cold; go “South” and kill tigers for their fur.”
“Champion, get into this Church, kill the priest and take his book.”
“Champion, take this mount, fly over these beings and drop bombs on them.”
“Champion, you are ready to get into this underground and kill local elites for a good reward.”

We do it over and over again. We are murderous machines.

We are brainless pawns, mere mercenaries that work for the agenda of the Horde and the Alliance, and we are not good guys - not at all.

I can’t stop thinking maybe so-called “monsters” and “villains” aren’t the ones who need to be destroyed, perhaps champions are the actual monsters of the Azeroth, and we must be destroyed instead.

2 Likes

You are now speaking of dubious filler quests which arguably isn’t always asking for good things to be done. However, you have to reconsider the expansion villains:

• Old Gods and their underlings
  • Burning Legion and their underlings
  • The Lich King and his underlings
  • Zooval the Jailer and his underlings

What are those people’s main goals? World peace? You could argue yes, but their form of world peace require elimination of everyone else and brings pure pain and destruction to the world. As opposed to us Champions who wants to keep the world as it is as a place for peaceful co-existence and going along with our lives.

3 Likes

Off topic.
Skaderfryden can I have your thoughts on this topic ?
Your opinion would be welcomed.

Cheers.

Even if it takes countless life, murder, torture, arson, usage of biological weapons, assisting in genocide or extinction of a local or invasive species, stripmining, ruining natural landscape, robbing the earth and its people of their riches, execution, theft, pillage, desecration holy sites, cemeteries, historical sites/buildings, statues, bodies and places, betrayals and sacrifices… :thinking:
It is a wonder, we not yet have a quest: Sold your own grandma’ for 10 gold
Yes, what you are saying is true, we are fought against:

• Old Gods and their underlings
  • Burning Legion and their underlings
  • The Lich King and his underlings
  • Zooval the Jailer and his underlings

But because they were in our way, they were our competition or/and because we were told to do it
In normal circumstances, we would be tiraled and executed for our crimes

1 Like

Well… the worst offender is Horde quests from the time Garrosh Hellscream and Sylvanas were Warchiefs, and really do make a villain out of that faction, hence why their Warchiefs aren’t Warchiefs any longer.

In normal circumstances we wouldn’t round up citizens of Bloodhoof Village and Kharanos anyway, so there is that. Unless of course someone really have build their character’s story to be a villain, then I guess that is more of an in-game limitation that doesn’t allows hostile actions towards own faction.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.