Love rocket

Please increase the drop rate of love rocket as you promised last year.

Thanks

Edit: I have inserted the blue post link.

3 Likes

Please don’t. Some things like this are cooler when they have a low drop rate. Once everyone has this mount it stops being special.

2 Likes

Don’t worry, even if they increase it, it will be like a very marginal increase like for the MoP world boss mounts.

1 Like

The only reason I’d like to have that mount now is so that certain someones stop lording it over me :triumph:

1 Like

I have 692 unique mounts, including the rocket. I used to think like that, but the truth is, this mentality is just rubbish. I respect someone riding a gladiator mount or someone riding a current mythic endboss mount (i.e. someone riding a Zereth Overseer in 9.2), because you just know that this person actually put the effort it. How is someone putting in effort for getting lucky?

There is nothing rewarding and nothing special about being lucky. Yes, if you work towards something, the mount is very prestige (gladiator one, 500 honor one, some other ones etc). Where’s the fun, when someone spent 15k kills on the boss and doesn’t have it vs a newbie going in and getting it on the 5th attempt? Absolutely nowhere. It’s just a pixel.

They should increase the chance to atleast 5%. And now that they fixed the world boss mounts, they should also increase the chances for the Infinite Timereaver. I have levelled majority of my 12 toons to max lvl via TW in 4 expansions now + I hardcore farmed it on my tanks with BIS tw set, yet I don’t have it. And on the path of doing so, I saw 3-4 clueless players get it, without even knowing it exists. Stupid AF.

9 Likes

Dang that Souly.

1 Like

They didnt promise anything and i think that tweet or whatever it was might have been a mistake

The days of players sitting in Stormwind or Orgrimmar in Tier 2 on their Epic mounts doing nothing but showing off are long gone.
Stop trying to live in the “oooh look at my shinies, I bet you wish you had them too” days & move on.

Players don’t get envious or jealous of other players on rare mounts, they get annoyed with Blizzard & their ridiculous (no reason for it) low drop rates.

3 Likes

If anyone didnt know the big love rocket got renamed to X-45 Heartbreaker. X being the 24. letter of the alphabet > 24+45=69. Guess a clever way to bypass censorship and still keep an adult joke.

5 Likes

I do not think I will ever think that someone is cool for being lucky at a random droprate.
Especially if it is the drop rate of an event limited item.

Items like these event mounts these are just a torment for collectors. They do make good content for satire and memes but in the end they are net negative imho

1 Like

Excuse me, please refer to the said mount in it’s new name. Love rocket is sexist, and it offends me. Now I’ll go and open another forum thread where I will write a 10 page essay about why I’m offended.

1 Like

here you go:

That does not mention increasing the drop rate at all or anything like a promise to increase it this year, is there any other post?

It got buffed from 0 to nothing already.

1 Like

So… i am wokring remotely and i have a chance to do the event while working, i have 27 chars im running with every day, there’s NO mount

It doesn’t exist bro

1 Like

I just want it to drop so that i can ignore this event.
Im not even gonna use the damn thing.

Useless buff on 1 character per account per day, which took them over a year to come up with. :person_facepalming:

135k views on this topic, but Blizzard still have their heads buried in the sand: https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/10zlr4e/love_rocket_mount_drop_probability_after_buff/

Well it gave me a buzz getting it and I also got a buzz from looting the horseman’s reigns. Not everyone cares about that I wouldn’t instantly look up to a player who has any of these mounts or any of the mounts you say you want. Or aheevs or gear. Im so caught up in my own life and game I wouldn’t even notice that.

true true :smiley: