Low CR rbg's

Returned to the game for shadowlands, and trying to get into rated pvp. Am i doing something wrong because i find it almost impossible to get into groups above 1.4k cr, because i don’t have the exp from previous seasons.

Is this a catch 22 situation? If so how can i overcome this?

3 Likes

make your own group and ask the same, that’s how pvp works, you have to be multi glad rank 1 to join a 0cr and have 220 ilvl.

3 Likes

If you can commit to a team, we are looking for members (both factions). Sign up via our Discord: https://pvpx.tv/dsc

Shaman.

That’s the only reason u aint getting invites.

I have one myself,it took me 2 months to get to where i wanted (50 games played at the time)

2 months for 50 games…

People care about raw healing numbers,so they prefer hpala or priest.

Shaman is always going to heal less than those 2 classes,if all 3 players are equally skilled.

People dont care about shaman’s aoe slows,stuns,hex,skyfury totem,mana regens,fear dispell…Its all about raw numbers.

When comes to ele,most HOTH-HOTA teams had ele shaman on their team.Ele shaman can do amazing dps + insanely good utility (totems)

Low cr people dont realize that.They think everything evolves around boomkin,ret paladin and warlock’s slow legendary.

That’s why most of them have 200 RBG games played without reaching 1800.

I wish you good luck friend,when comes to finding a proper group.

I had 1950 rbg cr resto shaman,and i couldn’t push 2100 because no proper group invited me ever.I had to level new class,farm everything all over again,and now im getting invites instantly.

Its sad,but its reality as well.

If you want people to devote themselves to your cause,you need to have better rating in whatever you are looking people for.

Having 133 games at 1178 RBG cr is is not much of a motivation,given you dont lose any rating up to 1400.

This is not about me, but rather our community teams that are pushing rating.

My RBG rating is from mixed cr and experience/ilvl yolo events that I led just to get things kicked off. Win rate was below 50%, even if losses were usually close it’s not gonna increase rating. But had fun at the time! However, from there our teams formed. I am not in a team, RBG is not my thing.

We now have 3 Alliance teams, with a 4th in progress being formed. And 1 Horde team in progress. Looking for team players to join :slight_smile:

The golden rule for climbing in rated pvp in rbg is : only rbg if you have a LOT of time ahead of you.
These steps are applicable regardless of your cr as long as you are below around 1.7 I’d say

Step one : join a group with « low cr high xp blablabla xp lead , alt gearing», WITH VOICE.
Apply to these until you are accepted

Step two : play a game our 2 with them. If its really a good lead you can tell pretty fast. Stick with this group and climb as high as you can. If not, return to step one.

Step three : try to add the lead, tell them you are looking to rbg more. Try to apply whenever they make a group.

The key point to note is that mmr changes FAST in rbgs, and its much better to be in a group that starts low cr, but with voice and some experienced players leading, than a group at your cr but no real xp or no vocal lead.

This isnt arena, you likely wont slowly climb rating with various groups over a few days.
Tour goal should always be to play (and win) multilple games in a row in the same groupe, starting cr really doesnt matter much before 1.6/1.8.
The trick is to get into the groups with high xp leads gearing their alts, and to do that it helps to play meta class, have some ilvl (like 200/212 which is doable with arena gearing), and wisp that you are vocal

Once you are a bit higher, say around 1.7/1.8, it gets very tricky - you need to have contacts made from your previous push, or apply to groups that are at that cr and hope you are accepted regardless of xp.

Playing meta classes are basically a requirement unless you know the leads and they know you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.