Low dispatch damage

I’m relatively new to rogue and I was looking at damage and spell details after a raid and I noticed my dispatch damage is really low compared to other outlaw rogues. I feel like I spam it though and I make sure to use it on 5 points. Does anyone have any advice when it comes to rotations etc?

1 Like

Without knowing any specifics, here’s just some basic principles.

First, Icy Veins has a solid guide, so for rotations and such, it’s a great place to start with.

Rogue damage is mostly passives, buffed by whatever buffs/debuffs you have up at the time (Roll the Bones, Slice and Dice, Poisons etc.). The Class is balanced around autoattacks, so our actual abilities tend to not really show as that big a part of our overall DPS. It’s mostly about maintaining things, keeping the timers rolling, and then maximizing your output that way. This doesn’t mean the Class and all its Specs can’t have good burst at times, but when you look at the big picture, it comes down to Resource Management, Timing, and Maintaining Buffs/Debuffs.

If you can give some more specific information, there are some pretty good Rogues here, who I’m sure can give you a more detailed breakdown on things.

Dispatch is your filler finishing move, the only time your finishing move shouldn’t be dispatch is if you’re having to use it on a kidney shot or re-applying between the eyes. Overall I think you might need to re-evaluate your talents + maybe look at getting a second legendary sorted beyond unity, that might help impact your damage.

Obviously gear will dictate the numbers too, I advise checking wowmeta and seeing what talents etc people are using in raiding / m+ etc if you’re concerned about your damage. Same applies for covenant potentially.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.