Low dps m+ 12 key as destrolock

I use Cataclysm, mayhem and my dps is crap. I avg at end of dungeon 31.1k dps while the tank avg 45.4k dps. I have ilvl 406. Tank has ilvl 414 and the enhancement shaman dps have61.7 and 73.4k respectively. at 418 and 413 ilvl.

what can i do to get better dps its hard bc you have to cast while moving a lot. is it bc i dont use rain of fire and havoc? I never get complaints bout dps but I noticed some players get up to 100k in higher keys as destrolock.

The sad news is that you Rain of Fire and Havoc. You could pick the passive Havoc and not suffer a huge amount, but putting Immolation on the mobs, Havoc on the last, then tab to the next mob in pack and:
Conflagrate
RoF
Conflagrate
RoF
RoF
Incinerate
RoF
RoF
Probably RoF again
Conflagrate
RoF
RoF or Incinerate depending on shard generation.

Sometimes you get into a groove of:
Incinerate
RoF
Incinerate
RoF
Conflagrate
RoF

When shard generation is “low”.

This will put you around 80-100k dps on AoE.
Edit: With appropriate talents (RoF shard generation) and pack size.

have you max out the crit? that stat makes the whole spec 2nd comes mastery haste is garbage for destro.

Lol what? Haste is the most important stat.
Haste = Faster Spells = more Soul shards = more chaos bolts & Rain of fire = more Ritual of Ruin = more Blasphemy

2 Likes

Destro design is flawed for low and average level dungeons, it only works in very high keystone levels assuming you have a tank who knows how to enable and support destro dps.

Sorry, but there is no such thing as ‘‘support destro dps’’ in random pugs.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.