Low Drop Chances

Why add some really cool forms but have them only obtainable from a 1% drop? Does anyone else think this is a bit much?

I understand that they don’t want people getting them super early, but couldn’t they put them as renown 20 rewards?

2 Likes

One of Blizz’s great ideas, I guess… yes, drop chances should be higher or at the very least some form of bad luck protection should be applied. But hey, better new cool forms with low drop chances than no forms. Glass half full etc.

Still need the form from the weekly boss, from Matriach Keevah and of course the fire Moonkin form from the raid.

I think low drop rate is a good idea, otherwise the forms just become commonplace and therefore have less meaning or value, if you’re only one of a few to get the form though, then guess it’s gonna feel way more special than every Tom, Dick and Harry having it as well.

1 Like

One of my big reasons for playing WoW, is farming collectibles. And I totally agree that low drop rates makes items feel more special.

A good example are the Pandaria mounts, from the open world rates… I farmed those for YEARS!…. And then Blizz increased the drop rates… :confused: Two attempts after, I got the Onix Cloud Serpent which I had been looking forward to, but because I feel like it was practically handed to me… I haven’t used it since. :man_shrugging:

So I love that some of the Druid forms have a low drop rate, while others are easy to get. :blush: It makes it possible for players to easily get some cool new forms, while at the same time farming forms that feel special as well.

Just got the fire moonkin yesterday as well for my Druid main, which was a nice “semi-easy farm” :slightly_smiling_face:

I think low drop chance is always stupid only a thew people are enjoying this kind activity in wow. Most people are frustrated after 2-3 Attempts. Most of the time I’m not doing old raids to farm mogg heart because of the frustration if the item doesn’t drop.

That’s part of the excitement, each reset you get to try again. If everybody just got it then it would have literally no value and the form would end up just another boring old form that everybody has, there’d be one less thing in the game for you to get excited about.

No thanks i don’t want this excitement.

For the occasional one or two, I’m with you. With only one opportunity per week to try and get the form from Aurostor (unless you have alts), that’s a pretty low and agreeable commitment - even if it’s a cool form and I’m impatient.

But the daily rare grind for the other forms is tiring. I’m still lacking four! Perhaps they’re intended to be opportunistic kills, but an increased spawn rate wouldn’t hurt so there was less time wasted just standing around…

I’ve only done the easy to get ones from the Silent mark things or whatever they were called, been kiling the bear and raptor in the caves near Aurostar quite regularly with no luck, but that’s part of the fun for me, just another thing I can go check inbetween doing other stuff. Gonna start making some attempts at the Felbear from Magetower soon. Need to google what the others are.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.