Low FPS on MacOS

Hi everyone!

I’m playing on macOS (Catalina)
Processor 2,6 GHz 6- core intel core i7
Memory 16gb 2267 Mhz DDR4
Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB and Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Since I updated the WoW with pre-patch, my fps dropped from regular ~60 to the ~20-25 at best with recommended settings, with BFA I had very little or not at all problems playing in high intense environment e.g raids.

I googled and found out here on forums that I can “check” low resolution which increased fps to the ~60 but you can imagine how was that…

Is there a fix for this? if not, is there gonna be one :slight_smile:

sorry if this thread is duplicated or there is an answer to this somewhere else on this forum.

Update
I might be on something here, there is a well-known issue with the ‘Discord-helper (Renderer)’, the is always in not-responding status when I check my activity monitor so my CPU usage increase automatically and my fan turns on. With this + wow and playing experience is not very good.

1 Like

Check if the game is using this card and not UHD 630 (within game settings). If it’s a laptop then 1080p resolution on a small screen will look just fine and should easily run 60+ FPS at mode 4-7.

ty for the reply! this helped a bit, flying through stormwind is fine, fast mouse rotation are much easier now (less in-game lag spikes) but when dps-ing dummy target is a real problem, fps drop instantly to the ~20 again

maybe this issue is related due to high queue time and will get better in a few days. dunno if this makes sense :smiley:

Combat should not do this so it’s very odd. Either some particle effects or something with the CPU but overall odd.

That sounds more like an addons issue.
You need to check for updates quite often now after a patch. They all need to be updated to 9.0.1 not 8.3.
Some of my addons still don’t work at all or are buggy.
Try disabeling or deleting the old addons and try without them if the FPS drops still occur.

I removed all addons, I even purchased an app to clean mac from junks and etc. Still nothing there is a lot of in-game lag spikes. I’ll wait for a few days maybe Blizzard needs to optimize the game more for Macos.

also, it might be a driver for a graphic card but for that, I’ll need to wait for an official macOS update.