Low frame rate and massive UI

So I went through the emerald dream portal in valdrakkan last night and my pc just restarted, no error message or anything. When i logged back into wow the resolution was poor, like the graphics looked “fuzzy” and the UI was huge, its like the screen was zoomed in. My fps went down to 15. Ive sorted the resolution and most of the UI from the scaler in the options but my discord overlay was still pretty big. I usually play with graphics on 5 and get 30 fps. I was trying to farm superbloom as part of legendary weapon questline but had to turn my graphics to 1 to stop my fps dropping to 4, and even then was only getting about 10 fps, still extremely laggy.
The other thing i noticed while playing in graphics options was wow wouldnt let me pick my graphics card in the options…
Ive checked for driver updates and stuff but nothing… i updated my windows and still no better. Tried disabling add ons, still no better.
Any suggestions for a fix or anyone known what has happened? I literally on use my PC for wow
Edited - i left my PC on over night to scan and repair wow but i aint hopeful this will fix it

Once upon a time on my old laptop my GPU died while playing Diablo III. It was a result of inadequate cooling.

I hope for your sake your GPU is salvageable but you should probably get your PC checked by a professional.

I updated the drivers on my computer and everything wow was working fine and wow picked up my gpu I had a prompt for another reset on my computer as something else was updating, and when it came back on it wouldnt pick up the gpu again. This a sign my gpu is dying? Kinda praying its not lol

I’m not some kind of voodoo PC witch doctor so I can’t know for sure just from your description. Which is why I advised you to get it checked.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.