Low level quests & leveling too fast

Hello,
first at all I’d like to apologize if this question is stupid but I’m little confused as a newbie. Also sorry for my english.
Soo, I finally decided to buy and play WoW. I started my adventure 3 days ago and I was having very good time. However now I’m little lost in it. Blizz gave the players some kind of boost (100% to XP) becouse of coronavirus and I received it too. It’s nice and all, but in about 2 days I leveled up my main character to lvl 67 and I even didn’t left the ashenvale. My question is, what should I do to get a full experience. I finished questing in durotar,ashzara and started questing in ashenvale (also, did some dungeons they were really fun), and I don’t really know what to do next. All quests in ashenvale and other regions are low for me becouse I’m above lvl60. They don’t pop up (I have to search directly for a quest giving characters) and I get from them almost no xp and trash loot, mobs are not scalling and they’re just easy targets. I really want to learn full story (I’m quite interested in Warcraft lore) and I don’t know what to do. Should I play the expansion content on my level (TBC and WOtLK)? Would I lose smth if I won’t finish all quests on Kalimdor and nothern kingdoms? (I mean story). I know there’s many timelines (events from Dreanor are happening before the invasion etc.) and it’s quite confusing. Whoa I wrapped up a little. So, if u have any advices for me, please reply.

Hi,

First of all welcome to World of Warcraft. I know the experience can be overwhelming at first.

Leveling today is much different than what it used to be. Over time leveling got faster to compensate for the growing amount of expansions so people could still get to max level in a reasonable time. Coupled with the exp buff going right now yeah leveling happens pretty fast.

My first tip is you can click on the magnifying glass near your minimap and enable trivial quest tracking to see low level quests on the minimap if you’re interested.

Gameplay wise there is no reason to stay in an area once you outleveled it and you can proceeed to the next expansion. If you do want to stay and immerse yourself in the story you’re free to do so.

If you ever want to play an expansion to the fullest without outleveling it you can go to stormwind/orgrimmar and find an NPC that can stop your exp gains for 10 gold once you’ve reached the max level for that content, and come back to him to resume gaining exp when you’re done with it.

If you want to get to max level as fast as possible then you should just skip to the next expansion as soon as you’re within level range of it.

Once you’re high level it’s much easier to get stuff from older expansions like cosmetics or mounts.

Hi,
thanks for a reply and information. I guess I’m going to finish ashenvale to get the story well and just jump into first expansions. After getting max lvl I could just get back to that low level regions quests if I want to or I’d explore them with other characters. Also, I didn’t know there’s an option to stop outleveling or toggle low lvl quests to pop up so that’s useful knowledge.
Thank you very much again, now I guess I’m not so lost :smiley:

Just to clarify about exp gain. You can stop gaining exp at any point with that NPC. It costs 10 gold I think. It just makes the most sense to me to stop leveling once you get to 60 in classic zones or 80 in tbc/wotlk so you can still enjoy said content.

Do beware that doing an expansion in its entirety is time consuming as that’s a lot of content.

I wouldn’t really recommend freezing XP, i think it doesn’t really address your problem. The trivial quest tracking feature that Chronormi suggested is the thing to use instead.

The heavily level-specific zones, in the older expansions, have become a lot less restrictive over the years, but the core of it is still there. Which boils down to:

• Level 1 to 60 you want to spend doing vanilla content (Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms)
  • Level 60 to 80 you want to spend doing TBC content (Outland) or WotLK content (Northrend), or try a zone in either one *.
  • Level 80 to 90 you want to spend doing Cataclysm content (a few zones spread all over) or Mists of Pandaria content (Pandaria) *.
  • Level 90 to 100 you want to spend doing Warlords of Draenor content (Draenor)
  • Level 100 to 110 you want to spend doing Legion content (Broken Isles)
  • Level 110 to 120 you want to spend doing Battle for Azeroth content (Zandalar and Kul Tiras)

If you reach one of those key levels (60/80/90/100/110) then i’d suggest finishing up the specific zone you’re leveling in (if you enjoy it) and then moving on to the appropriate next continent.

Once you’re level 120 you’ll have access to a lot more content and also nothing standing in your way to going back to whatever zone / expansion you really liked. You can then either choose to do it as-is, which means you (being level 120) overpower everything and things die just from giving them a dirty look, or you can use the new Party Sync feature to lower your level back down temporarily (enable/disable it at will).

* = Note: Most people seem to prefer Northrend over Outland, and Pandaria over Cataclysm zones.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.