Lower than usual fps ingame (and a possible temporary Fix)

Hello i’d like to report a bug i found out that affects fps by a lot. I’m not sure how long this has been around but i recently realised what’s going on and how to temporarily fix this, But i’d like to see this permanently fixed by the world of warcraft team. First you have to find a place where you “stress” the graphics a little bit so you can tell if there is a difference or not with ease.For my example i went to Spires of Ascension( i have tried going to outdoors zones, same happens there) cleared the trash mobs up until the first angel that teleports you and set my point of view that way so i can see the whole dungeon in front of me(in order for the game to try to load everything there is).Staring at the dungeon im at about 53fps.And then i did the following :

1)Set both your Window size and resolution scale to the lowest value possible.

2)In advanced settings set your Rendering API to legacy directx11 and then back to directx 12

3)Set game resolution back to the resolution you normally play at.

Doing that i went from ~53fps to ~90+ fps. Until i close the game and try to hit the play button on battle net. The difference is huge and sometimes noticable. note : doing any of the above steps separately didnt work to increase my fps ( just setting a different graphics api etc).I would really like the blizzard team to try to fix this issue because it might ruin the game experience for people with low tier specs who want to play WoW

i will leave a youtube link below where i demonstrate everything i have described above so you can have a clear view of what im talking about.Also i want to mention that i’ve tried it with multiple computers , friends of mine who play wow and all confirm that they gained fps once they did that procedure.

In my youtube video im running the wow on its default settings, no addons not anything on it.In the video the fps difference is not that noticable but trust me while i was recording i could tell that i gained some amount of fps by doing that( meaning that the fps counter is showing correct values)

I have tested this on different graphics settings and every time this thing seemed to increase fps. I’ve seen this workaround being posted by someone else in the forums but i think we really need to draw blizzard’s attention on the issue because we know how to temporarily fix this and what problems it is causing right now

Replicating what i mentioned above :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiutIPt1ezQ

1 Like

Thank you very much, there was 30 fps in the spires, did the same thing became 60 as it was before 9.0.5. at least some crutch.
Sorry for the google translator, if something is wrong.

1 Like

What if I got just directx 11 and legacy cause of integrated GPU ?

My video confirmation
https://youtu.be/lPTmzhMoeLk

Граватул Posted a video as well. He seems to only have dx11 legacy and dx11, and swapping between the two worked for him (from dx11 to dx11 legacy and back to dx11 ) you can check out his link. :smile:

For me the issue doesn’t get fixed, but I think I got a bit more FPS than before.

Possible Fix:

I had fps issues for the past few days. It just happened from one day to another, and my fix was super easy. (and unfortunately, i tried the difficult solutions before the easiest one).

My fix was concerning windows update, specifically towards the ‘‘VIEW OPTIONAL UPDATES’’. In this category i had 3 updates that were not priority and seemingly irrelevant for my performance - holymoly was i wrong.

So there, do not be stupid like me and go through every single step before you update everything possible, ESPECIALLY THE OPTIONAL UPDATES:)