Lunar preservation bug at Hyjal

Hi,

I can’t seem to find anything on this bug on your the official platforms yet, so here’s an annoying bug at the moment:

You cannot validate the Mount Hyjal step of the Lunar Preservation quest on a level 120 character if you haven’t done Magni’s Heart of Azeroth questline there.

I know you’d assume everyone has done that by now, and it doesn’t take long… But it still has no valid reason to impact the festival.
Besides, checking the quests layered over an area should be on the checklist before releasing any content in an old zone like that, yet issues with totally unrelated quests blocking progression on something else have been increasingly present in my experience lately… You might want QA to be more careful about that.

7 Likes

Hey Farael,

Thanks for the report! I had a look and it was indeed a known issue around the time of your post, but has since been hotfixed and should be resolved already by now.

1 Like

It’s not fixed. Still bugged, sat in the well with nothing coming up.

4 Likes

Still bugged, various places! Hotfix didnt fix apparently :frowning:
Edit: Ppl say u have to do Mt Hyjal last otherwise it will bug.
Will try that later…

Sooo, it works if u do Mt. Hyjal as the last charge.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies! Seems like there are still other issues active at the moment affecting this and we’re investigating further! Could I please ask that anyone who’s still having issues with this send an in-game bug report with the details? Thanks again!

Yeah but I don’t fancy resetting it all to do it all again… shouldn’t have to do that as a fix.

I resetted once already and i am stuck at 5 stack of the staff buff…
fix it now plz, it a long chain quest, we should not have this happening.
can’t charge the staff in the moonglade after passing at hyjal… I have 5 stacks on the staff…
What a waste of time. Unacceptable.
szam- kazzak-eu

1 Like

you better fix this within 35min so I don’t have to do everything from the beginning =)

1 Like

Any update on this being fixed?

Anachronos EU, it’s still bugged for me, I’ve tried a couple times with different characters and I’ve logged in/out, reloaded etc, still broke,
damnit here I am trying to help out this lazy apparently anti flight npc with a quest and I can’t even :confused:

Nope…got on Ashenvale that bug not only i standing here mad :grin:

I reach Ashenvale too … and it is all over. No action botton when I get in the moonwell.

I can confirm this bug is not fixed, I’ve tried to do this quest two times today and it bugs out in ashenvale for me. I wont get the option to charge the staff in the well, sadly.

I can confirm as other posts that as of 13.30 27th Jan 2020 the bug is not fixed
But you can work around the bug as I did:
Pick up quest

1. Charge staff in Moonglade
  2. Charge staff in Felwood
  3. Charge staff in Ashenvale at 1st Moonwell
  4. Charge staff in Ashenvale at 2nd Moonwell
  5. Charge staff in Stonetalon
  6. Charge staff in Feralis
  7. Charge staff in Duskwood
  8. Charge staff in Mount Hyjal
    It seems most important that Mount Hyjal is the last charge but this worked for me.
1 Like

Except you cannot charge at all in Hyjal, if you haven’t completed magni’s heart quest. So on another alt I worked around this like you suggest here, however now on 3rd alt which has done nothing of Magni’s stuff has 7 charges from all the other moonwells but cannot charge in Hyjal… dammit I’ve wasted much time on this quest these couple of days!

Completed all of Kalimdor for it since I saw the hot fix. Ashenvale was fine, Stonetalon was fine, I got to Duskwood in EK and the staff does not work again, and it’s bugged again.

2 Likes

Can confirm, I have the same issue. The other Moonwells except Duskwood worked fine.

Edit: Corrected my sentence, changed to Duskwood from Darkshore

The Mount Hyjal bug is fixed, but Duskwood is not working.