LW or BS for mail on my Shaman in Shadowlands?

As the title suggests, should I go LW or BS for creating my own mail on my Shaman in Shadowlands? It seems like both of the professions create mail, but most people go Leatherworking? Which one is it?

Thanks!

If you’re wanting to make Mail items you go Leatherworking, there is no debate.

Also this:

In Shadowlands, new Legendary items are crafted by either Blacksmithing (Plate), Leatherworking (Leather/Mail), Tailoring (Cloth/Cloaks), or Jewelcrafting (Jewelry Items).

3 Likes

Thank you! Was that from the Wowhead article on professions?

From my experience with those professions Blacksmithing barely involves making any mail gear at all. Meanwhile half the patterns my Leatherworker learns are mail.

1 Like

None if it’s your main character. Currently there are no bop crafted items, so your best bet is alchemy/something else.

1 Like

My main (druid) is going herbalism/inscription :slight_smile: I changed him from alchemy to inscription today. Not sure which alt to combine alchemy with yet.

It was from Icy-veins article on professions.
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/profession-changes-in-the-shadowlands-expansion

LW has always been the Mail prof too. I think BS only briefly touches Mail because plate classes cant / couldn’t (maybe changed these days) use plate until a certain level.

there were some high lvl mails in vanilla BS, but in TBC they moved mail armor 100% to LW. So, go LW, like me!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.