M+ declines solution?

I see many posts lately of people that are really frustrated about the M+ situation at the moment. Most of them say that their application is getting declined and it’s been for hours that they try to enter a M+ with no luck. I may have a solution to that problem.

There is a game called League of Legends. It got a very nice match making system. You don’t choose your teammates but you enter with random players that are near your rank. This is been happening in rated arena games and rated bgs here in WoW as well. It would be nice to see a matchmaking system to M+. You queue for example and you got 1.5k RIO, the game search players around that RIO and you enter all together to the M+ dungeon that you chose. Of course for 5 people groups from same guild, friends etc there will be no matchmaking system, you choose the M+ and you go.

Some people would argue that you need to have friends, a guild etc but in a massively multiplayer online game why you want to force someone to play with the same people over and over?

I am Interested to see your opinion on the matter.

Theres a few problems with this.

1. Group composition. It’s not in your hands. Not sure I want 2 SP’s, a boomkin in an interupt heavy dungeon. I’d like a combat res that the matchmaking system might not give me. I’d like lust too. If the system is programmed to include all of those you exclude some classes - or at least reduce their chance of being matched.
  2. Group content is always reduced to the lowest common denominator (league is against other people) which is different from pve. If the matchmaker groups people and there is a high failure rate, it becomes Blizz’s problem - they’ll fix it by nerfs. Currently its the players problem, they can get better and choose their team better.

I’m sure theres lots of others but wow isn’t meant to be a lobby game, declines happen and “friends” doesn’t mean besties for life, it just means people at or about your skill level you can whisper and say “hey, wanna do a key?” Thats not hard.

3 Likes

The issue is simple.

In league of legends, tje reason a automated queue system can work is because u all enter a lobby and then choose champions and csn create a composition which will work.

Also, in LoL ur against a enemy team. Which means ur able to directly counter the enemy player aeeing what theyve chosen. In WoW you cant control the composition in auto mated queues. U cant choose a class to fit the needs of the team, so it just cant work

In WoW you dont pick ur class after entry, but queue with a deliberate class, which means theres no way tje system itself could coordinate a composition to ensure the dungeons managable.

Now allow me to go furrher to express.

As seen by Solo Shuffle, automated queies dont fix the problem people are screeching for.

As, the current problem isnt a major decline to players, the problem is simply there are so many dps applicants that it for everytime 1 players accepted a 100 others have recieved a declined message.

What this means is.

Instead of reading declines, players will see 2 hour queues for entry, thus ending up in the same position as the Solo Shuffle players demanding a fix.

Also, the fact tje games balanced on group composition.

As a example.

On a fortified week get queied into a group with 1 boomkin and 2 shadow priests, and suddenly your not going to have enough interupts to prevent being one shot by mechanics.

On a tyrannical week end up with low ST speccs, without any BL and boom ur boss kills just tripled in time. 5 minute boss kills can exist. And u wont time a key.

A queue system will not fix the issue.

The only fix is a increase in incentivizations to play a healer or tank. As the real reason so amny dps are rejected, is because the the disparity in popularity among roles.

For a automated queue system to work in m+ the game would require alot more roles to ensure jobs are filled.

As while we are all labelled dps it just wont be managable. And even afte rthat the rest of the issues follow.

1 Like

You can’t really measure that in WoW, a dps player can be easily carried in m+ to very high ratings if the other 4 players are excellent.

1 Like

I prefer being picky and choosing to invite applicant I feel will deliver (or at least have a high probability for that).

Yesterday I decided to simply join someone else key (I only play healer, sometimes tank. I just hate sitting in LFG longer than 30secconds). So, the lone dps seemed to be Ok’ish, it’s also only +11 key, so nothing can go wrong to much. He invited first 2 dps that applied (which I would never invite by their score/completed keys, but at least they had 415ilvl). Long story short - on a boss with bloodlust all 3 dps’ers did 20k dps each during burst, and then plumeted to 15-18k. And couple of them took more total damage than a tank. If you are suggesting to go and play with clueless people like that then no thank you.

This would cause to much toxicity and bad emotions. Current system is good enough. If you want fast queues - just go as healer or tank. These days you do damage with all specs, as a healer 80% of your casts are dps spells anyways. I wouldn’t play a healer, if I would only cast healing spells.

make your own room?

No pls for god sake no :smiley:
just don’t copy anything from LoL to wow
League of legends matchmaking system is terrible solution to M+ Decline problem
just be social and find people if you can’t then don’t ruin our experience and go do something else
most of people that are good and know what they want will pick what is best for dungeon
Some whiny dps that think he is the only one in que shouldn’t be heard at all

best thing is to make your own groups anyways.

joining groups is often more hit and miss but sometimes i want to do a specific dungeon and will bite. it is hilarious though that i get declined with 2.3k rio for a +11 as a tank with 425 ilvl, which happens quite a lot actually haha

You can’t compare PvP and PvE matchmaking. PvP MM is fair because both teams are random and have 50% chance to win. In PvE if your team loses, they’ll blame the person who assembled the group.
All people will have to say is “blizz keeps putting me in fail groups and it’s their responsibility since I had zero control over it” and the next thing you know players get a damage/HP buff after a wipe and whatnot.

I like this idea and I think it could work as long as the system is considering required group compositions like: BR, BL, Ranged/Melee, CC, no class/role stacking and required dispells/decurse classes.

Also you want to play with equal geared players with equal m+ score and/or last season xp.

If this is all considered I think this can work great and keep in mind that you could still form or join individual groups.

1 year ago: “ohh blizz add solo arena, because nobody wants play healer. I cant find any healer…”

Today:” ohh blizz the q time is to long! 45 mins because nobody wants play healer…”

Do you want fast invite? Then play tank or healer. Or just play your key.

I can tell what will cause if they add solo q for M+ too. Lot of player will use this mode, so i will use too (because of the roster). Im a tank so i get instant invite (they have a long q).
But i swear, if i get… for example 2 warr 1 rog 1 holy priest ( so no cr, no bl, 3 melee…), or 1 sh 1 balance 1 lock (so no interrupt)… i will leave instantly without any words.

Thats the big problem with PVE content in general honestly, dependency on factors that people cant really control. “Oh so the classes you like to play are all off meta dps classes with 0 utility? Enjoy sitting in the cue for 10 years”.

I feel like in PVP the most important thing that matters is your skill. Sure some classes will be meta but i dont really think in PVP you kind of prioritize those classes. I have not played PVP for a long time so i may be wrong tho.

That’s just a stupid lie that there are no healers in this game. I try to apply for normal raid and there are always 5 healers already in group, it is waaay easier as dps to get into groups.

1 Like

i only go into dungeons with my own keys or my guildies/friends keys… this is best way to get not declined because people decline everything

Add people after Keys, it’s the most Important thing! Don’t just be like “GG BB” and then leave, if you timed the key, people where good and you had a good time with them, just add them as Friends, overtime you will have a bunch of Buddys you can invite.

But going from one Decline into another, just to find one key and leave it the second it’s over won’t get you anywhere.

Alternative Option is, make a Raider Io Recruitment, get to know people that way.

Being a Solo Person will only get you so far anyways, specially if you’re only DPS and not a Class with certain Utility people want like BR and/or Lust.

You have this in game. Its called hc dungeons. That’s only difficulty setting where it woudl work

Want more you have to do premades.

And the reason people are declined is that they usually have to low itlv / score combo for difficulty X

Same woudl be with any mmr . You woudl have to first farm difficulties liek 3 or 5 or 7 or mmr score which 99 % woudlnt like.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.