M+ Dom sockets

well then one would have to run mythic raids in order for them to matter

since 239 hc gear is 13 itlv lower then 252 gear from GV .

people who you are describing here are such tiny minority that they dont even matter

i mean look at how many people are already runing +15s with like 230 itlv. and they push 16-18s - lfg is full of such pugs.

by the time those bonuses mattering would kick in those people will be runing like 25+ .

Your post definitely make sense , although you don’t take into account the Community response itself:

While you definitely can get KSM or even up to 20’s without BIS or even meta ( the part we agree into) the discrimination you will face while not having proper gear or meta class is REAL.
Even on a plus 10 people get not invited if not meta class, if not overly geared, and overly higher than needed RIO, i can see that this socket will just another discrimination to the list the further we will be into the patch.

Not only this, but also, we are literally cutting out content unless you raid.

There was circulating this “rant” allegedly from an blizz employee stating that all the systems are just a begrudge thing to funnel people into raiding, this looks like just supporting that hypothesis to be honest

Thank you for not mattering :frowning:

Of course you don’t “need” domination sockets to progress M+. But that won’t stop the playerbase from demanding them.

That also won’t stop people from filtering out the 100s of DPS applicants they get by dom sockets as part of gear.

The don’t “need” posts are just meme’s. Of course we do not need legendaries, (dom)sockets, trinkets, ilvl, performing specs, consumables, etc. But in the end when you do the best you can you need all of them.

so play with people who dont demand it ?

also about demanding - you , i and everyone knows “Who” exackly will “demand it” - it will be people pushing for +20 for teleports late in tiers

its not exackly hard to imagine that people who in half of year will be starting to push for 20s will indeed demand 250 + domination sockets from people wanting to join their groups. because scaling will make 20 quite demanding even in 250 gear for your “average/weak” players.

just like +15 demands alsmot flawless gameplay from people in 230 itlv same 20 will likely demand almost flawless gameplay from people in 250 gear. and those sockets will help a lot to push .

So it will be like any other M+ season. Every season there are raid pieces you need from the raid. And the higher up the rankings you go, the more needed they are.

What do we need from the raid? I was very well playing last season without any raid-item. In Bfa S4 i only used a trinket. S3 nothing. S2 a trinket. S1 nothing :slight_smile:

Imo those dom-sockets should be inactive in M+.

I dont get these people they like M+ so why wouldnt you like raiding? Its basicly the same thing without a timer actually you go inside pew pew pew kill boss get loot you happy everyone happy. So again what os your problem?

I have no idea what people like in raiding. M+ is completely different.

For starters, you need 4 friends for mythic plus, at least 9 friends for raiding (19 if you want to do mythic).

And you use half of your buttons in raiding. No cc-coordination per pack. No interrupt rotations, routes-planning, cooldown managements and coordination with your group, etc, etc, etc. Way more responsibility per player in M+.

The biggest difference I see between them (having done both) is that mythic plus is a real group effort. Everyone has to get involved in almost every aspect of it. In raiding, people are assigned particular jobs to do and specific mechanics to deal with.

There are interrupt rotations on some bosses, though. If the RL just says ‘x’ needs interrupting, 20 people will still manage to use their interrupt on the first x, and everyone will be on CD for the next one.

Just gonna say in mythic you do cooldown management, manage interrupts / interrupt rotations. You obviously can’t plan routes but how you group positions and uses space throughout the encounter is incredibly important.

Doing nerzul at the moment and that fight is incredibly involved from a cd management standpoint for both DPS and healers, tanks have a tough positioning requirement with the balls given you can’t miss a single suffering, and the whole raid needs to properly plan it’s positioning.

Sure, but we get all of that + more on M+ :slight_smile: Where am i ever pressing my turn evil or hammer of justice, or warstomp, or blinding light in a raid? Outside of a real exception. I use these button in every M+ dungeon. I am way more active with more abilities. M+ is constantly moving and positioning too. Raiding is definitely on another level. The dances are not comparable. On M+ every minute you engage something different that you have to coordinate different…

I have no idea how raiding is in any way comparable with M+. It is both PvE and that’s it.

You need exactly nothing from the raid if you don’t want to be in the top 100 m+ ladder

I think that’s fair, I just dislike the argument that at a generally attainable level (So ignoring the infinite scaling capabilities of M+) one is “easier” or “harder” than the other. And all the dismissals / needless comparisons that come alongside it.

1 Like

I agree dom sockets should be deactivated in M+, but to give you a list of what kind of items were needed to be optimal in M+ from the raids.

CN - wpns, could also be gotten from pvp.
CN - trinkets.
Nya’lotha - trinket and slappers from you know what boss.
Eternal palace - divers folly and font come to mind, and the ashvane trinkets that were all still used in S4.
BoD - Azerite pieces with the primary stat trait you could only get from raid.
Uldir - The only place to get the bis azerite traits again for most people.

While you can happily do 20s without, as you can without domination socket as well, at the end of the day, you’ve always had to raid to be optimal, nothing new.

Let not make the domination sockets bigger than they actually are, they are minor upgrades for M+, just like the trinkets, and all the other things that’s been in raids.

2 Likes

That’s why wow players stopped playing wow and are playing ff14 now. Wow is garbage aimed at mythic raiders only atm

Yeah i guess it is a bit off putting me. I accepted i never had those good things, indeed. Just a bit better ilvl or just some better trinkets… it is fine to not have them. These shards is just another thing that i will never reach. it feels like the current system we get, and we will never use it. For azerite items it was OK to have a less optimal trait. At least i did have azerite items. Dom sockets will just be 0.