M+ Dom sockets

Oh, I follow you with that, it is a horrible system that makes no sense in the broader game. We can only thank our lucky stars that’s its just a minor upgrade and not some BS system that would increase dps by 10% or more :slight_smile:

Cleared normal 3 reset and still no DoM socket yet. Great job, the devs!

Since the set bonuses don’t work in m+, the benefits you gain are relatively small for m+. Sure, they’re still optimal, but if you’ve ever wanted to be optimal in m+ you needed to do raids anyway. I don’t think m+ should reward the best possible gear for PvE, I think it should always be a combination of m+ and raids.

And while there are no m+ specific things, you can still easily farm and upgrade gear through it and it is pretty important source for optimizing your gear in regards to stats since raids might not drop the best stat weights for your spec.

And in Nathria there was beginning to be pretty little reason to do raids in comparison to m+, so this is a welcome change…

In my oppinion every game mode should provide their own gearing option to become the best in that content. Now other content ‘is killing’ the content people like. And it is even pushing people away from the game.

2 Likes

Eh, I don’t think there’s any need to distinguish gear more than PvE to PvP. Raids give better gear, m+ gives more gear. Both are very different gearing options, but if you want to be optimal, you’ll do both. And in my opinion, that is important.

What is against a sets-system that is only optainable and working in M+? :slight_smile:
I really mean it. Current game is pushing people away. Lots of people are not taking part in M+, or just doing the minimum, since they can not have good gear anyway. So whats the point trying? I am not one of those, by the way.

Agree 100%. And I am someone who does both M+ and raid.

I doubt this is even in the top 10 reasons for why people would be quitting, I think it is a very marginal problem experienced by a fraction of the player base. Anyway, as I’ve said, I don’t like fragmenting PvE into smaller subsets, I think it would make the game quite confusing and unnecessarily convoluted.

I’ll admit that I’m biased in the way that I honestly see raids as the “main” content and m+ as a fun side thing, but I still don’t think that dividing content into that many parts is a good idea. I’ll draw the line between PvE and PvP: you shouldn’t be forced to do the other if you want to excel in one, PvP gear should be for PvP and PvE gear for PvE.

However, in terms of PvE gear specifically, I do believe that you should have to do both raids and m+ if you want to perfect your character, and not just stick to the one type of content that you’re comfortable and familiar with. Or if you do decide to do that, you’re also accepting that you’re OK with some small disadvantages. M+ beats raiding in every other aspect when it comes to gearing currently, domination sockets are the only thing that makes raiding even worth a while in terms of gear. I think that’s fine.

How is M+ beating raiding? We play a weekly lotery and it takes 4 months to fill all slots if you get every week a slot you are missing, and if you are able to do +15’s from week 1. And then still raiding has higher and better items.

I know i am biased too. And i surround myself with people who are ‘the same’ in some M+ communities. We do not want to be treated as a ‘fun side thing’. We play this game 100% because of M+. It is the main content of the game. And the more stuff is getting added that we have to do to be ‘competitive’ next to M+ the less interested we get. Why go ‘compare’ myself on a leaderboard and scores when our chars are way behind. We are not comparable. It is discouraging. And yes. another 10% by dom-shards is a lot.

2 Likes

I would love to see some separate m+ sets. Like tier sets but with bonuses that would be good for m+ and only work in m+. Still dont understand why the dom shards work everywhere.

2 Likes

Raiding is the most and should be the hardest part of any mmo. Cause it needs 20 ppl to coordinate and play good together. If you don’t raid i find it correct not to have the BiS items of the game. It’s the same as if i doing only non rated bg’s and demand to have equal rewards with the ranked players.

You are missing the point here:

Mythic raiding top ilvl or vip mount or tmog?
No problem, we are fine with that.

Raiding exclusive system ?
No sorry, you can’t lock out huge group of players from the content itself based on pointless criteria rather than just mindless force funnelling people into raid.

Not only m+ , but people who don’t raid also cannot benefit from them in Thorgast as well, and god knows how we would love some extra boost in that weekly chore place. There are also achievements and other rewards in thorgast that without domination system we will have much harder time achieve.

Options 1:
Domination system available in every pve environment (m + as well)
Would be best solution,like 8.3 corruption and azerite and essences. Everybody enjoy , lets do it

Options 2:
Segregate the systems: Dom sockets and whatever will come next only works in the environment are collecatable. Raid for raid, mplus for mplus, pvp for pvp etc.
Im okey with that.

Just choose do something about rather than another lackluster system that benefit nobody

Agree, m+ should have dom shards too, i dont say they should drop as frequently as in raids but it shouldnt be discriminatory, we all pay.
Honestly I dont know why these devs do this kind of things when the most important thing ia people playing and enjoying all the new stuff.
No, this creates instead less people playing, angry, class unbalance, discussions, because I dont know what person thought this would be good idea.

cuz they dont care about you or dont wana make a game that peaple enjoy they just wants to waste your time more
thankfuly their downfall is near if blizzard continue like this they lose so much money they eather have to fix these frustrating issue with the game or say goodbye share holders dont care about us but they do care about their money when blizzard subs droping so drasticly they will do anything to keep the peaple in including removing these bad devs and replace them.

Tbh only m+ players dont deserve domination gear tbh why would they, i am not a pvper so i dont deserve something from it, and lets be totally honest here domination sockets wont make or break your key. So no if you dont raid you dont deserve it.

im agree but there must be a power lvl in m+ too that you dont deserver cuz you cant push more than 15+ somthing that unlock in 24+ keys and boost your power and i see you come here crying cuz your bad and cant push lol

Ow rlly ye well you only see what your eye observe not what i am not showing you

mate your 2/10 heroic 1850rio in m+ why should i bother with you hahaha

Ye through on my shaman

And this kind of comments thats what i hate, you see you judge me on the fact that i am only 1850 rio score and 2/10 hc so what you mean is that i am a thrash player. So if you are 10/10 hc and have 2500 Rio it means you are good? Not exacly