M+ Shrouded Hero Title -- November 23 Update

I agree with Angrykaren here, i had some randoms in my keys who perma shared the buff, i didnt use it actively but i cant say that i´ve never had it when i completed a key since i dont track my buffs 24/7
also what happens to the people who didnt use it but had players in their groups who did? how does that count?

2 Likes

Suggestion: Just let people have their achievement, no one’s winning from this. Make a statement for the future and be clear about any future runs in DF and onwards being disqualified if any out of the norm buff is detected. And try to fix all your overworld buffs that might conflict with competitive gameplay. Take responsibility for your own game.

8 Likes

where my title?

Suppose several people were disqualified. Why don’t people who don’t meet the requirements automatically jump into their place? The exploit artificially increased the score threshold. It’s hard to believe that the score threshold hasn’t changed. I feel sorry for the players who were perfectly under the scoring threshold.

at this point i wonder why people in s2 werent punished for the knife snapping and all that.
its your job to fix the game and not allow things like that, maybe just make a white list what buffs are allowed in keys rather than a blacklist cause things like this might sneak in.
for me i just wonder what happens next, i was well above the cutoff and never knowingly used that buff, but if i dont get the title cause i/others had it in a key then i will get salty ngl

6 Likes

I really hope you will change this. Everything about this is wrong.
You could’ve fixed the bug instantly, not making it usable in dungeons.
Who are getting banned? What about people not knowing what the quest would do?
Just react quicker. It is always in the last second that you do something about things.
I have another example from back in season three. You randomly came with warlock and survival nerfs. People had timed cutoff worthy keys with the meta classes, then you out of nowhere came with the nerfs. What about the people who is not in the cutoff? Yup, then you heard the community backlash, and reverted the nerfs. It is the same over and over again

3 Likes

Tbh best thing to do is wait and see exactly how these punishments are being dished out. If it’s not based on severity/people hard abusing it to get into cutoff range, then it will not leave it’s mark. A lot of players used it just to see what it was about or because most people with high IO was using it to time 32+ keys and for those players, the title cutoff does not factor in whatsoever, as they would never in a million years be pushed out of title range.

If they are willing to hand out a punishment for an exploit they decided to leave in the game for WEEKS on end, then they should also be willing to put in the time to properly investigate.

To me it is very simple. Revoke EVERY score run in which the bug was abused, any player who is still in the 0.1 % cutoff after that gets the title. This would also require for a recalculation of said 0.1 % cutoff, but I think that the majority of players would much rather see the achievement handout delayed for this to be looked at properly, rather than a bluepost update less than 24h before the title handout.

This just seems completely ridiculous and unecessary to me, as a vast majority of players has at least 1 key with the buff being “abused”, yet they were in title range FAR before the buff was even common knowledge.

Edit: Also what’s up with some exploits being okay, yet others seems to be taboo. Where is the mention of the Battleground HP food buff being abused? Surely that should be punishable aswell then?

5 Likes

People at that place in the game know what an exploit is. They went out of their way to do it and they knew it was wrong. It’s a no brainer they got slapped for it.

If it never occured to them that getting significant buffs that weren’t available to people who played fairly wasn’t wrong… well then they’ve learnt something.

1 Like

There is much more to it than that. What if the exploit is not banned, what then? You’re competing against players abusing the exploit, maybe you’re not good enough to outrank them, so either u resort to the buff just like they are and stand a chance or you don’t and simply won’t get into title range.

The problem is, that Blizzard, well knowingly that this was ongoing (How could they not, people were literally streaming the bug abuse), did absolutely nothing. They did not revoke runs with people abusing the bug, they did not comment or post anything about the matter, and this was for weeks on end, so obviously people will assume that the bug is just going to be a thing and start using it.

3 Likes

Has anyone on EU received their title yet? i did not use any bugs or quest or anything (that i’m aware of) but still didn’t get anything yet, idk if they still have to assign them or what.

I didn’t realise BLizz patrolled twitch streams searching for bugs. Again, people know what exploits are. It is that simple. “Others abused the rules so I felt I had to to keep up” is childs logic.

I guess it will take up to 24hrs or something just like the twitch drops. Lets wait and see what happens

Legit people (like myself) just accepted the quest without knowing what it was doing, so that does not count at all

3 Likes

How exactly is that childs logic? If nothing is being done about it, to me, that means blizzard is completely fine with it being in the game. If the people ur competing with is using an advantage like this, obviously you’re gonna use it aswell to remain competative.

We do not hurt anyone, seeing as the title cutoff remains the same regardless of us timing a key or not. We’re not attempting to push into title, as we’ve literally had title secured since the 3rd week of the patch. We’re literally just doing it for the fun of it, so why should we be punished?

We have not only earned the title fair and square, we have literally pushed miles above what the requirement was for the title WITHOUT using the buff, so punishing us achieves absolutely nothing, except for making us salty.

Furthermore, what about the people that had the quest shared unknowingly? What about the people that did NOT use the buff themselves, but their teammates did? What if you only timed 1 key with it, but the rest of your keys are completely valid? It’s a massive grey area.

If you want to punish players for something they’ve been working months to get, for a bug that you left in the game for weeks on end, then you should investigate thoroughly. Find the people that USED the bug to get into title range > revoke the keys in which the bug was used > recalculate cutoff. It’s literally that simple.

4 Likes

Except for the fact that this is no exploit. How is taking a buff that is implemented into the game by Blizzard itself, and was forgotten to be limited to whatever content it was intended for, a player´s fault? It is pure logic that players that try to achieve things on the highest level of the game will take every little advantage they can get. That´s the same in sports and any other competitive environment on earth. While I do agree that it is not fair in comparison to players who didn´t use the buff, the ones who did, are not the ones to be blamed here in my eyes. It is purely on Blizzard´s end to either communicate clearly what will happen if this is being used for runs or to fix the unintended behavior of this buff. You can communicate cleary that using it will result in runs not being accepted or in a disqualification for the title, but you cannot say nothing and punish people after the entire thing is done.

However, I´d love more clarification on how punishments regarding this topic are handled. Since the Cutoff didn´t change following disqualifications, there cannot be too much people that are affected, even if they might have used it (intended or unintended) in 1-2 of their runs.

6 Likes

So, does this mean only 6 ele shaman in the eu qualified compared to 250 survival hunters?

Hmmm, does seem a bit unfair.

We are talking about a high end content achievement. So yes their will be allways a meta. Survival hunter was just better to achieve better keys. It’s impossible for blizzard to tune evry class to have the same impact in all content. So when your class is not meta you have 2 choices, find friend to push with you or play meta and play in LFG.

Silly question: but how it could be that a buff that works the way it’s supposed to work is considered bug abuse or exploit?
The buff had neither a level nor zone restriction. If there would have been a tooltip saying: only usable in the plaguelands or not above level 59, that’s a different story… but simply getting a buff from an NPC that works the same way as described in the tooltip is not something that should be punished. Especially since this buff could be used by any player who wanted it…

My suggestion would also be a better communication with the community and everyone should get the title no matter if or how often he/she has used this buff. Alone the fact that this m+ season was full of bugs, which occurred in many (especially the old dungeons), inevitably leads to the fact that pretty much every player in high keys has something “abused” - whether intentionally or unintentionally. Blizzard gains nothing here and it is also absolutely understandable if many players who play the endgame content at a high level are extremely pissed off after such an action.

6 Likes

Totally agree.

1 Like

Has the title been given out yet? Im yet to see someone with it and my friendlist is full of ppl who reached it easily