M1 Mac BattleNet and Agent Broken - Stopping WoW installation

I’m having the same issue, M1 pro

I wanted to return for dragonflight after having a wow break for a few years. I guess this is a sign.

1 Like

Same issue too, even with after tried to transfer data folder with a hard disk & changed my battle.net/Agent privacy settings to full disk on my Mac m1

1 Like

Experiencing this problem on my new Mac Studio M2 Ultra with MacOS Ventura 13.4 consistently. Tried to give Full Disk Access and added both ‘Agent’ and ‘Battle.net’ to my App Management within Privacy & Security but this does not help.

Battle.net shows an ‘Update’ button which throws an error after a few seconds, every time i click the ‘Update’ button a new instance of ‘Agent’ is visible in my Activity Monitor absolutely stressing my CPU to straight 100% for all instances of Agent.

Tried to disable/enable all ‘Login Items’ as well as adding Agent & Battle.net to there without any success. Decided to cancel my subscription until they fix this problem, absolutely unplayable for Mac users on Mac Ventura that needs to update their game.

Anyone else succeeding in fixing this? Please share your solution.

1 Like

Now I am getting BLZBNTAGT0000138F

I already deleted the battle.net folder in user, shared. Nothing helped.

Blizzard! What is happening?! Why can’t I install WoW anymore?

1 Like

I have installed parallells desktop (windows 11 virtual machine) for run wow. This is not perfect but it run on my mac m1 now

1 Like

Well, I don’t use parallels. Blizzard please fix this issue! I am sure it has something to do with some security stuff with Agent and macOS Ventura 13.4.1.

Update: Login without objects, and I was able to install classic! But still can’t install retail.

Update: deleted the Agent folder inside the Battle.net directory and relaunched the Battle.net.
Now Retail is downloading. Seems to fix the issue.

4 Likes

This is unbelievable. How can they not be more invested in this?

4 Likes

Deleting the Agent folder fixed it for me!

2 Likes

Tried everything expect using windows. Sad for all mac users, which I am for a couple of days. My mac is brand new. @blizzarddevs that’s awkard.

3 Likes

Hey, Blizzard
What the hell? Just’ve bought my brand new MacBook Pro M1 14, purchased the game time, was about to buy Dragonflight BUT experience the same issue described in this thread. Not only your game is not that good anymore, but also you prevent me from playing it…

2 Likes

For those following along here, there’s also a thread on Reddit where people are getting mixed results: https://www.reddit.com/r/macgaming/comments/14d0plr/anyone_know_whats_going_on_here/

1 Like

Same issue here

Never had issues with m1 macbook pro but trying to install wow yesterday started 10 background agent tasks and caused the machine to lag heavily

i tried to install on it a external ssd drive, not sure if that has any influence?

1 Like

I had exactly same problem with external SSD. What helped me was

1. Deleting the agent folder before installing retail.

2. Install to internal storage first, and later move the files to external SSD manually.

Another day, same issue, wasted money…

3 Likes

And still 1 bluepost on the forum is all we got… If there were no forum topics, Blizz even wouldn’t have replied or posted anything… Seems like they just don’t care, that’s pathetic. And we pay for THIS

1 Like

And not only the money got wasted, also weekends time that I wanted to spend playing the game, ruined

1 Like

Same issue here. Tried everything, and still no solution. Hoping this gets fixed soon. Lost the time I had set aside for the game, but hopeful about next week I guess :confused:

Deafening silence from Blizzard…

2 Likes

After completely un-installing Battle.net and all related files, i’ve tried re-installing Battle.net and World of Warcraft retail, which failed the first time, after deleting the ‘Agent’ folder completely, then re-starting Battle.net and trying to download it seemed to work for me. I had to have a lot of patience before it worked (it wasn’t instant).
Hopefully this works for others as well, either way Blizzard should fix this issue ASAP because it’s a weird work-around, which should not be the case for a game with paid subscription, it’s not a cheap game either, so they should get their things right.

1 Like