[Mac] Fps being lower by 20-30 after 9.0.5 (no addons used)

NO definitly not for MAC only!
it’S a performance issue cause of programming i think! or set up a graphic settinc in the background, who does horrible memory leaks…Same problems here on Ryzen 2700x with 2080 super on latest nvidia drivers
and on another pc ryzen 1500x with 1070

3 Likes

At this point since it happens on such a broad range of hardware, I doubt it’s hardware related, Blizzard. Just revert the stupid stealth changes that you’ve made.

2 Likes

why do Blues answer and get a quick fix for mac but pc users are left creating new threads?

I have the same problem, my FPS seems to have dropped by a lot everywhere and everything is choppy. Before patch 9.05 it was perfectly smooth for the past 2 years since I bought this laptop. I updated my Nvidia driver but no change.

I also DON’T have a mac so this is not just affecting mac users. They broke something with 9.05.

1 Like

Are we going to have a fix anytime soon?

This is really frustrating, honestly Blizz - please do something.

2 Likes

Files included.

update:
It clearly has something to do with anima conductor stream animations because on my alts in area’s where i did not activated the anima conductor i have no fps issues.
For the instance SoA (and i read SD has the same problem) there is probably a similar animation in the instance.

3 Likes

Same here. I’m on a MacBook Pro 16", 2019.

I don’t have stats before the patch, but the game was perfectly playable. Now I’m getting 3-5 FPS in most SL zones. I’ll have to wait until the issue is fixed until I can play again.

2 Likes

Any news or is Blizz just hoping the threads will die away and remain hidden in some corner of the forum ??

3 Likes

Hey, they did not answer but some minipatch hotfixes are apllied with no efect…
They are trying but is the same how they fixing WW monks bugs… no react to problem but they are working on it…

i have troubles till patch 9.0.5 day… but iam trying to be patient… its bigger problem and affecting a lot of ppl, so bliz cannot die this problem… they cant afford it

M1 macbook Pro
8gb Ram
256gb ssd

I believe they did a small hot fix for the PC versions, I see also a slight increase but not at the standard it was at before.

They did not change a thing, we did not even had to download a patch.
Anima conductors in Aerdenweald, Bastion and Maldraxus still cause severe FPS drops when activated and SoA is still as crap as before…I lost at least 30 fps in this instance…

+++https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/spires-of-ascension-massive-fps-drop-facing-north/903662+++

Luckily they’re is a post in the US Forums now also…both get ignored though…

1 Like

Hello,

I have an iMac 27inch 2017. OSX up to date.

I am also struggling with low FPS since patch 9.0.5.

I immediately updated my addons and that did seem to smooth out some of the world of the problems, but FPS is definitely lower across the board.

Spires of Ascension is a nightmare for me. My FPS is nearly always at 19fps, there are a few points where it goes higher, but very rarely. It does not matter what my graphics settings are (i.e. set to 1 or 5), it does not fix or improve this problem.

It is spoiling the enjoyment of running the instance and is VERY painful on the eyes.

SOA was a problem at the start of the expansion, but wasn’t this bad, and adjusting the graphics settings fixed this problem.

I know what cause this but dont know how to fix it.
After 9.0.5 systems that run with dedicated and integrated gpu together such as most of laptops wont run the game via dedicated gpu(main) tried every posible way to force system to run with dedicated gpu and still no luck .

1 Like

Starting anima conductors in Bastion, Ardenweald and Maldraxus does this. Also SoA has horrible fps drops.
Please also check the other topics about this problem (it is not only MAC, but same for PC) and help us bring this to Blizzard there attention.
US forums has one post about it to.

2 Likes

M1 Mac Big Sur
8 Core GPU and CPU
8 GB RAM

Blizz, PLEASE, could you do something because the FPS issue is extremely annoying and basically kills the gaming experience. We are paying a monthly service and over a week here there is a known issue that does not get fixed.

Also, there is no answer from you further - how long will it take!?

Many thanks!

Second this. This really need fixing. SoA is completely unplayable for me. It’s not the quality we’re used to from this game.

I can’t believe they haven’t even acknowledged the problem exists yet.

I figured it out, they are draining the anima of our computers to mine bitcoin, prove me wrong.

2 Likes

Has this been Hotfixed at all?

I just ran SoA heroic on an Alt, and saw an improved FPS. It wasn’t perfect, but it was better than it was. I tested it out on my main (not in a group), and it was the same.

SoA is where I had problems before.

Nothing changed at all.

Anima conductors still cause severe fps drops and SoA is just as bad as before.
9.05 really broke some things…

Luckily they hot fixed the real important things:

+++https://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker/news/eu/hotfixes-march-18-2021-23646890+++

1 Like