Mac Graphics

Im running a Mac Pro (rack 2019) (the cheese greater looking thing) with a 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W processor and its running an AMD Radeon Pro W5500X 8 GB GPU and 32GB RAM / 1TB SSD HD. Im running wow’s graphics on 7 and typically getting 32 FPS. Monitors are 2 x 27 " cinema displays and a 52 inch TV for discord and battle net :-).

Im aware that I could kick up my general graphics settings by losing shadows and water texture etc, however Id rather have it all and a hotter frame rate and more graphics detail. The computer is not primarily a wow machine, however having sold a kidney to pay for it I’d really like to get the most out of the game.

At the moment Im seriously thinking about an eGPU however Id welcome any advice from the wow community who are more hardware savvy than my good self. I have a bunch of free PCIe slots.

Please keep it constructive as Im not really open to Mac hate :slight_smile:

mac is not a pc for games…

its not about mac hate or not…its just not a pc for game,is pc for work…want pc for game,buy windows with rtx. or at least the recommended specs,gtx 1080.

and even with gtx 1080 and i7,wow can give many problems,since its old engine full of bandages.

Hi Thanks for the reply.

I have several PCs but all of my nice monitors are hooked up to the mac, with system audio built round Mac and, not least Ive already bought the Mac.
So, I need a Mac solution. I think Im going to go with an external eGPU. Fingers crossed my FPS improves.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.