Mac - Razer Naga Keybinds using Modifier Keys broken again after pre-patch

As the title states, using my Naga Hex (7 buttons) works, but holding shift and pressing 1 through 7 just uses 1 through 7 regularly. I have previously used the terminal command (defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES) which worked, but after pre-patch it’s back. This terminal command didn’t work to fix the beta client for me either, so I’m assuming this terminal command needs to be changed in some way for the client after TWW Pre-patch?

4 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. And terminal command is not working for me.

3 Likes

Just replying here too that I have this issue. Modifier keys work on my mac keyboard (i.e. pressing cmd-1 will cast the spell) but not if I press CMD on my keyboard and press 1 on my Razer Naga.

3 Likes

Same issue here the command ((defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES) doesn’t work anymore. Can’t play :confused:

3 Likes

Same here, everything worked perfectly last night before prepatch

3 Likes

Same issue here, but with other mouse (Mac OS + Logitech G502).

1 Like

Same here with razer naga x

2 Likes

Same here with Razer Naga …

edit: i mapped the Buttons around with Razer Synapse 3 on a Windows PC, learned it new on the Naga and its working again. May someone find this helpful :slight_smile:

so you can use shift/modifiers with the side buttons or completely new binds? Thanks!

I have the same issue since pre patch, with Razer naga. Modifiers are not working. When I click shift on keyboard and 1 on mouse ( shift + 1 ) it just takes 1 as input, same thing goes with all modifiers, and the earlier fix defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES, isn’t working.

I was succussfull for two problems:

1. Modifier keys in kombination with razer naga and other 12 button-mice
  2. The WoW-Crash caused by ^ and `-Buttons in German and Swissgerman Mac Keyboards.
  3. you can use your default keyboard and can still use ö,ä, etc. while gaming
    Both Problems can be solved by downloading Karabiner-Elements.

Download Karabiner-Elements
karabiner-elements (google will help for the link)

Install and allow all the steps asked by the app. (Security settings and so on)
Open Karabiner

• Chose Devices at the left of the window
  • chose the korrekt mouse keyboard at the right
  • change Modify events to ON
  • change treat as built-in keyboard to ON

Then the modifier keys should work.

When you have a german or swissgerman mac keyboard then do the folling steps:
Add the normal US-keyboard to your keyboard settings:

• open system settings
  • keyboard settings, input sources
  • add the us-standard keyboard and change it to us-keyboard

Then go to karabiner-elementsapp
choose simple modifications

• chose the razer naga pro item with keyboard simbol at the right
  • chose at the left scrollbar: control and symbols - equal sighn (=)
  • chose at the right scrollbar: control and symbol - backslash (or any other key you want the ^or `-Key to be remapped
  • then change your key board in systemsettings again to swiss german, german, or what ever you want.

Dont forget to change the newly allocated key for `or ^ in your wow-retail - app you have to adjust action button 12 (in all the rows you use.)

I hope this is for someone outthere helpfulll. it allows to us your default keyboard and use modifier keys with your razer naga mouse and you’ll have no more crashes using the `or ^-key in your mac german, swissgerman or other keyboard.

1 Like

Karabiner is a third party, open source application that monitors your keyboard inputs even outside gaming, which makes it not so easy to trust …

1 Like

this fixed my issue. i just binded razer buttons to 123 and so on. works with modifiers. thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.