Macbook temperature

Hello guys,
Any of you play on a macbook air wow? Or on any macbook?whats your temperature?
I have a macbook air early 2015 8gb ram and 256gb ssd and the temperatures stress me out and keep me from playing. It gets kinda hot on the lowest settings, around 90+ with spikes to 100.
Its the same with yours ?
PS i know that on pc are lower temps, i want to know just mac related info.
Thank you.

Hi, I have the answer to your question.

So, it’s not just the MacBook but pretty much any laptop that has this issue, that being ventilation/cooling. Because the hardware is so compact, especially in Apple products, cooling is a huge problem.

It is not uncommon at all to feel extreme heat from your device, sometimes unpleasant and frightening even (Is the thing about to burst into flames lol?)
Not uncommon either to hear loud fast speeding fan noises coming from it too.

Is it damaging to your device? Yes, extremely. Laptops (or similar devices) are NOT meant for gaming, they are meant to be transportable devices that you maybe play a game on for 1-2 hours a day at the most. They mostly used for business, presentations and educational purposes.

Consequences of gaming on a laptop device not designed for gaming (Like the MacBook Air fx.) means that you are utterly destroying its lifespan. If you game on it daily for 3+ hours, expect it to die of dust suffocation, overheating or hardware malfunction at the latest within 2-3 years, and I mean completely die.

I highly suggest you buy a gaming PC, they are actually cheaper than laptop devices and boast 2-3 times the gaming power and will last you up to a decade if you take properly care of it. Choose your preferred cooling installments, example my PC has:

• 2 frontal intake fans
  • 1 External exit fan
  • 1 External power supply fan
  • 1 CPU watercooler
  • 2 Integrated GPU coolers

During hardcore gaming sessions my temperatures reach:

33c on GPU
43c on CPU

But I do remember gaming on a laptop 10 years ago, I would almost burn my frikken hand on it after 8 hour sessions on it.

Lastly, I cannot stress enough that if you going to use a device for gaming, for the love of God don’t use Apple products. Apple products are amazing in terms of convenience, travel use and ease of use… but they are not at all meant for gaming.

Solution: Play on PC instead of laptops. They’re garbage and don’t last.

Depending on where your laptop’s vent is though you could put something underneath your laptop to raise it and allow at least a little more air under it, plus perhaps another fan blowing cool air underneath it. That might help a little bit.

But even then, *** laptops.

Like everybody else, I say the same things, but I also note you want help for the Mac, without getting a new PC.

Search for the term

core temp for mac

I have no idea about Macs, but Core Temp is a little program for Windows that keeps an eye on your CPU temperatures and lets you know how close to the line you’re getting. There are equivalents for Mac. It won’t help, but it will give you more accurate information than your lap does. (Unless those numbers you quoted were already from an equivalent, in which case — done!)

Set your graphics to minimum and use these macros to reduce the load even further:

except that you will need to leave Projected Textures ON, because those include stuff on the ground that can kill you.

Now check out laptop cooling pads. They help, and they’re not expensive. Check reviews on Amazon.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.