[Macro] Cannot target "Thing From Beyond"

Hi Guys,

for some reason i cannot target the “Thing From Beyond” (summoned by the “Grand Delusions” corruption) https://www.wowhead.com/spell=315186/grand-delusions

I am using following macro:
/cleartarget
/targetexact Thing From Beyond
/cast Entangling Roots
/targetlasttarget

(btw. even if i use only this line “/targetexact Thing From Beyond” it does not work)

If i replace “THing From Beyond” with any other creature it works flawlessly.
I can click the “Thing From Beyond”, it has a standard Health Bar like any other creature. I start to think that it maybe has something to do that it consists of three words and not the usual one or two words. Any ideas?

1 Like

Working as intended. Just like you can’t target totems etc. with macros.

3 Likes

Seems like either an oversight or a design decision to keep people from going over 39 corruption.
I tried macroing it with HoJ to keep the add off of me on fights like Hivemind or Ilgynoth where it’s literally impossible to target it by clicking or tab rotating through targets.
Guess it’s my healers problem now shrug

2 Likes

Has there been any update on this at all?

There’s nothing to update, Blizz made it this way intentionally.

Yes, its intentional, however it may be possible to use an addon like WA? I havent found anything about this myself but if someone comes across something worth while, let a brother know

Use Threat Plates with a custom rule to make the nameplate of the Thing From Beyond much bigger and shiny.

Still can’t auto target it, but mouseover macros suddenly become much easier to use. Got a similar rule for Explosives ^^

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.