Macro for Use or Craft Skinning Bait

Hi!

I’m wondering if there is possible to make a macro that will either (Left click) Use Elusive Creature Bait or (Right click) Craft Elusive Creature Bait.

Just to get rid of the hassle of open Profession Book to craft a new bait after you’ve used it.
You just have to right click the macro to craft a new one and then use it.

I’ve been testing out with my old “Use/Cast” macro for Mage food/water.

#showtooltip
/cast [btn:1] Elusive Creature Bait; [btn:2] Skinning: Elusive Creature Bait

Just can’t seem to get it to work.

I found that you can use this to make a button to craft the spell.

This will make a spell-button stick to your mouse pointer
that you can add to your action bar.
/run PickupSpell(383132)

Thanks to this post on US forum.
> Link to Mithril’s post

But how to make that built into the macro?

1 Like

Is there any way to create something like this /run PickupSpell(383132)
for other infused creature bait. I mean (decay, earth, frost, titan)

Yes, you just look up the Spell ID on WoWhead.
then change the “383132” to that new Spell ID.

You’ll find the Spell ID in the webpage adress as well on Wowhead. (Spell=383132)
(https://www.wowhead.com/spell=383132/elusive-creature-bait#comments)

Just search for the other versions of the baits on wowhead.

PickupSpell doesn’t really do the trick on itself. What it does is put the crafting spell on your cursor, so you can drop it onto an action button. Fortunately there are now lots of action bars that are normally hidden, so use the options to make one visible and drag the spell in there.

So you use this to place the action on a button you don’t need (you can hide the action bar once the macro is set up):

/run PickupSpell(383132)

Now, you can use a macro to press that button conditionally:

#showtooltip
/use [btn:1] Elusive Creature Bait
/click [btn:2] MultiBarBottomRightButton1

To get the name of the button, put this in a macro and bind it to a key. Then mouse over to the button you want to use and hit the key and it will print the name of the button:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage( GetMouseFocus():GetName() );

Also: if you use multiple types, you can use modifier key conditions to switch between types. You’ll need one action button on a bar somewhere for each craft though, so if there are 4 versions, you are using up 4 buttons. I’m really glad Blizzard added more bars to the UI and that you can use them for stuff like this without taking up screen real estate.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.