Macro that does something on key press, then on key release

I would like to use the following macro:

/stopmacro [flying,combat]
/cancelaura Travel Form
/cast [nocombat,nostealth,talent:3/3,nospec:4,@player] Rejuvenation
/cast [nocombat] Prowl; Barkskin

The idea is to cast Rejuvenation on myself whenever I go into stealth.

Unfortunately it is bugged, because pressing it tells the game to shift into Cat Form (to use Prowl) and to remove Cat Form (to use Rejuvenation) at the same time, which occasionally results in me ending up in Cat Form, but with my humanoid actionbar. I end up having to shift out of cat form and in again, to gain access to cat abilities.

I was wondering if it was possible to tell the macro to cast Rejuvenation on key press, and Prowl on key release? Or tell it to use both of these on key release, after doing a “/cancelaura Cat Form” on key press. Is that possible?

If needed, my macro can go as high as 1023 characters, so convoluted LUA codes are welcome as well.

Nope, that is not possible.

I’d just make it a castsequence, and mash it twice, to be honest. Much less error prone.

Have you tried this? With Prowl being off the GCD, it should work as long as it’s not on CD.

#showtooltip
/cast [nocombat, nostealth, talent:3/3,nospec:4,@player] Rejuvenation
/cast [nocombat, nostealth] Prowl; Barkskin

You’re likely going to run into race conditions with a basic macro no matter what. The problem is the client registers the rejuve and prowl then the server responds back and confirms you can rejuve, meanwhile you’re already in prowl on the client side so it kicks you back out to rejuve.

You could try Gello’s Grounded addon for the press/release idea. It’s not what it was intended for but I believe it creates separate macros for press/release which you should be able to customize to your needs.
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/grounded

1 Like

I’m running into the same issue. I might’ve forgotten to point out that the issue (with me being in Cat Form but my actionbar being in… not Cat Form) only occurs when I use the macro while I’m already in Cat Form.

This leads the game to cancel and use Cat Form at the same time, which (and from this point onward I’m only guessing) with the slightest lag, can result in my actionbar receiving the command “shift out of Cat Form” only after my character has already gone through the complete macro and is already back in Cat Form.

This addon is exactly what I was looking for a while back, so, thanks for that x)
I’ll definitely try out my macro as well.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.