Macros Resetting when logging into my EU/US account

I have an account in EU and US on the same battlenet. I am have probelms with my macros/keybinds changing when I play between these. My character names are the same is there any fix for this?

They might have the same name, but they technically are two different characters, and as such, do not share the same macros/keybinds.

You have to define them to be the same on both characters.

My problem is that it is changing my macros and keybinds unwillingly when i log into one or the other

It’s a long shot but if you have a habit of exiting the game with alt+F4 it won’t save macro and keybind changes from that session so if that’s what causing it you need to exit properly to save the changes.

No this is not it. It is actually replacing keybinds/macros from the opposite region

Character names may be the same but macros, keybinds and other settings are stored within accounts. One way you can do it is manually copy your macros-cache.txt and bindings-cache.txt files from one account to another. These a located in
World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\Accounts_Name\
for account settings and in
World of Warcraft\_retail_\WTF\Account\Accounts_Name\Server\Character
for character specific settings.

Hey there Rottix,

Keybinds and Macros are primarily saved server side but there are local files as well. If both your accounts are simply WoW1, they will be using the same WTF\Account\123456789#1 folder. When one logs in, it will cross check the local file against the server settings and you will end up with your funky scenario of macros/keybindings changing.

This will cascade down to a character level if your also the same name on the same named server on both regions (there are a few realms with the same names).

Probably the simplest solution would be the set it up that your general tab of macros are identical across both regions. That your default keybindings are one set and use Character Specific where needed. That way the “change” doesn’t affect you as much.

There are commands to not use the server saved settings but that means any changes made are isolated to your very specific install of WoW. This is a bit more advanced so I would suggest you do some research before jumping into this.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/CVar_synchronizeMacros
https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/CVar_synchronizeBindings

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.