Madam Goya's Black Market themed guild ? Asian-like mafia

Hi everyone !

On my previous server, we made a guild around Madam Goya’s Black Market and the Jade Lotus gang from the Gadgetzan Hearthstone Expansion.

The theme was mainly about an asian-like mafia which main goal was to get a lot of money. The mogs mostly came from MoP and I have to admit it made quite an impact when we gathered. We used to do both PVE/PVP and RP contents and I was deeply saddened when we had to split due to less freetime.

Since I’ve come here on Argent Dawn, the incredible amount of people made me think about those glorious days more and more.
I would love to bring Madam Goya’s Black Market back alive here, or something similar, but I know it is not possible to do it alone. Is anyone interested in joining me for that great adventure ?

(Btw, sorry if my English is not that smooth, I’m not English-native)

2 Likes

Your best bet would be to create the guild, make a guild forum thread, and get out there to recruit via roleplaying, people generally want to see what the guild is about, how its run etc, before they join, So I recommend that first.

Hey ! Thank you for the advice ! I will do that first, then :slight_smile:

1 Like

No problem. : )

A triad type guild would be pretty interesting, not going to lie.
Was even discussing that kind of thing IC, very fortuitous.

Well. I’ve tried to include the black market in RP as side contracts with Madam Goya.

Could be a cool idea if people can actually stick to the behavior as one would imagine Madam Goya employing.

1 Like

It definitely is interesting. Hopefully we can discuss that thing IC as well someday !

I would love to see something like that come alive on AD.

Well. I’ve tried to include the black market in RP as side contracts with Madam Goya.

How were they ? Fun to play ?

Could be a cool idea if people can actually stick to the behavior as one would imagine Madam Goya employing.

I think she should be played by someone really knowing about the lore (even though we don’t really have lots of info about her) and by one perso only. Or we could also decide to create another Black Market which would work as the first one’s underdog competitor.

You would be safer either playing this as a low-level operation with no contact with Goya at all (the same way as most Alliance guilds have no direct contact with the royal family) or creating a rival business.

Involving lore characters like that directly is always iffy.

I wish you all luck with this, but you will need patience, for the pandaren scene is not large.

1 Like

What Chieun said. Just branch off your own. Just because Yakuza mafia existed doesn’t mean there were others. Yakuza were most known. Just build your own.

I wish you luck.

I will listen to your advice then, hopefully more people will be interested in this !

Thanks for your kind messages :slight_smile:

True. Or one can operate under the idea of being an investment/contract under Madam Goya. No direct orders from her but a steady supply to support the underground market.

1 Like

Echoing what the others have said, steering away or at least parallel to NPCs is always easier/better, as it avoids potential clashes or contradictions (or, heaven forbid, the lore ever getting updated haha)

Also, Mean Streets of Gadgetzan from Hearthstone has some cool ideas to riff off of too :slight_smile:
Really wish they’d make WoW Gadgetzan as big and impressive, heh.

Hey !

Indeed, I have to admit the Mean Streets of Gadgetzan strongly inspired me for this one. It was both an awesome expansion with good mechanichs AND had great legendaries.

Echoing what the others have said, steering away or at least parallel to NPCs is always easier/better, as it avoids potential clashes or contradictions (or, heaven forbid, the lore ever getting updated haha)

You’re right. I will make the guild an underdog competitor and not affiliated with Madam Goya directly.

By the way, if people want to join me on this adventure, I would love to work on this with them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some time I ago I created and lead a Guild with this kind of theme.

It had a very good run of almost a year, but because of College I had to leave it, if you want to bring some kind of spiritual successor to it, I could lend you a hand.

3 Likes

I hope you’re lucky enough to at least get a couple dedicated members.

RP can stay afloat even when you have just 2-3 people, and in a niche as small as this, don’t expect to get big quick - and if you do, don’t expect it to last past the initial hype period!

Many who have tried guilds like yours have been discouraged quickly in the past. Go in with realistic expectations and you might very well build something that lasts.

Hey !
Juste checked out your guild. It looks a lot like what I’d like to make ! Of course I would love a hand on that one, and would be honored to create some sort of spiritual successor !

Yeah, I will make my best no to get too impatient or too optimistic.

That being Saïd, I hope the future Guild will be able to play with you at The Fallen Leaf ! Could be pretty cool :grin:

By the way, I am going for the Serpent Triad name. Guess it pretty much embodies the idea. :snake:

Good Luck Hao, do feel free to take any of the Ideas of my Post, a big part of our guild was a Weekly Tavern we used to Host in Tol Barad, which I believe should be free now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.