Mage covenant abilities

Is it just me, or do they absolutely suck?

I’ve been levelling alts lately, trying different covenants and the like, and the big difference I’ve noticed between them and my Mage is how impactful their covenant abilities feel.

They all seem to do crazy stuff like massive damage, generate class resources, inflict mad CCs and in some cases grant a bonus chunk of self or group healing.

All the Mage ones (with the exception of Deathborne) do mediocre damage, only one has any CC capability and their main use is to provide a somewhat average (again with the exception of Deathborne) buff to our class spells, either by providing CD reduction or a % damage increase, rather than doing anything hugely useful themselves.

My Warrior for example, I’ve played as Necrolord and Kyrian, one gives a big % damage boost, slow resistance and movement speed boost, whilst the other provides a unique CC (tether), decent ST and AoE damage, as well as a critical strike damage increase (with Unity).

Even classes I’ve yet to level up, looking from the outside they have absurdly powerful abilities. Stuff like DKs Abomination Limb, constantly dragging enemies in whilst absolutely decimating their health, or Druid’s Convoke, that can literally one shot an enemy player if you’re lucky.

Your an alpha cycle too late lol, rogue ones are the worst I’ve seen.

1 Like

Dont be mistaken…even Deathborne sucks but its best out of 4 so…

1 Like

It doesnt matter,rogues do insane amounts of damage,dk’s and dh’s too thanks to their covenant ability

1 Like

Well, shifting power as fire feels really nice. The CDR can be felt the moment you use it, and with unity in an AoE situation it is a notable stat buff. Mirrors in raids also do a decent job at making the rotation smoother. They are not as immediately impactful as things like Convoke, but they are definitely useful and make the spec flow better.

2 Likes

Its not you. Most Covenant stuff was pretty bad from start and is still clunky and wonky. Hard pass.

It was designed by clueless individuals, who probably didn’t mean any harm, but harm they did. More than they will ever know.

2 Likes

Frost mage and Necro Covenant ability would be actually good if you didn’t have to move every 2 seconds,especially when you get 6 sec covenant proc,most of the time u cant even cast 2 frostbolts due to all movement,ESPECIALLY in ‘‘new dungeons’’ so basically all procs you get end up being wasted.

Every class and every spec can do 15s that’s not the issue,issue is difference between being useful and useless,which most frost mages are this season.

Only way i can see it being useful is in actual premade,with tanks who dont move mobs out of your blizzard for no reason and tanks who pull extra mobs with boss in order for you to funnel the boss which is the only way frost mage can work really,otherwise you are useful only every 2 minutes and most of the time,even with all of your cd’s,you are doing less damage than destro locks and hunters with their passive procs.

Last season i had fun as a frost mage.This season has been nothing but a massive frustration that led me to quit.I never had to actually quit game completelly due to spec being literal trash.

Seeing everyone greatly improving in their dps,and frost mages being stuck in s3 dps wise made me quit this game.

Necro frost is really hard to play in dungeons. NF with freezing winds is still the play in anything but super high keys imo.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.