[Mage-RP] Dalaran Magic Faire #6 [7th-28th June]

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/253775

Dalaran Magic Faire VI - "The Dalaran Magic Month"

The Dalaran Magic Faire is a server-wide social event for mages of both factions. As a surprise to no one by now, I try to change things up between each faire. This time, instead of having a condensed and intense few days/week I’ve decided to make the faire longer in an attempt to benefit the city hub of Dalaran, which has really blossomed these last few months, more. This Faire will span from the 7th to 28th of June!

Date:
7 June 2021 - 28 June 2021

Time:

Faction:
Neutral

Summary of the Schedule
Week 1:

Monday 7th of June:

• Opening Ceremony
  • Dalaran Scavenger Hunt

Tuesday 8th of June:

• Dalaran Trade Nights

Wednesday 9th of June:

• Trial of Style

Thursday 10th of June:

• [L] The History of Dalaran - Edith Lampfire
  • [L] Weaponizing Illusions - Kelly Jendrock

Friday 11th of June:

• Magic: The Gathering #4

Saturday 12th of June:

Sunday 13th of June:

• [L] Intelligence in the Ancient Age - Acheleus Moonblaze
  • [L] An Introduction to Conjuration: More than just food! - Simetra Shadowshot
Week 2:

Monday 14th of June:

• Mage Jam

Tuesday 15th of June:

• Dalaran Trade Nights

Wednesday 16th of June:

• The Writer’s Flock

Thursday 17th of June:

• [L] Calling all Heroes: Taking Leadership in Troubled Times - Edith Lampfire
  • [L] Portrait of a Magus: Archmage Antonidas - Kelly Jendrock

Friday 18th of June:

• Wand Tournament

Saturday 19th of June:

Sunday 20th of June:

• [L] The Sumarian Rebellion - Thalladrin Manashriek
Week 3:

Monday 21st of June

• [L] Battle Magics vs Quick Casting - Acheleus Moonblaze & Dahnos Manashriek

Tuesday 22nd of June:

• Dalaran Trade Nights

Wednesday 23rd of June:

• [L] Spellweaving Techniques and Polymorph - Wilfred Cobblepot

Thursday 24th of June:

• [L] Arcane & Engineering - Julianna Ward
  • [L] A Counsel on Controlling Cold - Silyse Rimestar

Friday 25th of June:

Saturday 26th of June:

Sunday 27th of June:

• [L] Teleportation and Portals - Wilfred Cobblepot
  • [L] Rethinking Magic: Applying creativity to practical problems
Week 4:

Monday 28th of June:

• The Violet Citadel Fire Festival Mingle

The event is open for suggestions and this preliminary schedule is subject to change. If you would like to host something, comment on the forums or reach out to me in-game (Kêlly). I will continuously update this post with more details over time. This server-wide event is being done every 5 months to promote the AD Mage RP Discord server in an attempt to make the mage RP community more tightly knit. Please check the AA event link at the very top for more information about the event. Hope to see you there!

13 Likes

Looking forward to it!

2 Likes

What a majestic undertaking, I look forward to it.

1 Like

A magical assembly, quite literally. Will visit this promising faire! :smiley:

1 Like

Pop offfff Kelly Queen. Fun for all the family

2 Likes

The schedule is updated! There are three lecture slots left if anyone is interested, hit me up here on the forums, in-game or on discord!

This sounds lovely, will try appear in Dalaran some days next month for random encounters :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coool in :tent: characters

1 Like

The schedule has been updated again and is very close to being finalized! Hype :mage:

Only two weeks to go until the faire finally starts!

In the occasion that there’s still space open for a lecture, I’d be interested in holding on on the applications of Cryomancy, whenever’s possible.

1 Like

I’ve sent you a request on discord! x

Now the World Tournament is over, magic fans should have this to look forward to!

2 Likes

Only one week away! The schedule has been updated one final time! Cannot wait for all the amazing events the community has pooled together for this faire :mage:

1 Like

Officially the Sixth Faire starts on Monday, 2 days from now, but the fun in Dalaran begins tomorrow!

Arrive early to catch the rave reviewed Hercules performance in the city tomorrow night! https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254505

The Faire then starts on the 7th with a scavenger hunt across Dalaran’s shops and services, hosted by myself, Kelly, and Tinka Bartenson! https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254496

On Tuesday, the ever popular Trade Night is on, the weekly market of Dalaran’s goods, services, and fun, find out more at the community’s discord server: https://discord.gg/2dEn8Sd

On Wednesday, the next event, the Trial of Style begins! Wow the crowd in an array of outfits! Khari, Kelly and Kaiza, the 3 Ks will decide the best dressed in Dalaran! Signup required, details here: https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254491

On Thursday, our first two talks, The History of Dalaran by Edith Lampfire and Weaponizing Illusions by Kelly Jendrock take place at Antonidas’ Memorial!

Then on Friday, the monthly Magic: The Gathering event takes place, this time in public, hosted this time round by Sylnoora Starseeker! https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254490

Finally on Sunday, our final set of talks for the week, Intelligence in the Ancient Age by Acheleus Moonblaze and An Introduction to Conjuration: More than just food! by Simetra Shadowshot

A jam-packed first week, remember to get in touch with myself or Kelly to sign up to the Trial of Style! If you’re suddenly inspired to give a class, we have one space left on Tuesday, which you can sign yourself up for here! https://tinyurl.com/DalaranLectures

5 Likes

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254505

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254496

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254491

https://www.argentarchives.org/node/254490

3 Likes

Super excited for this!

1 Like

Planning deployments around this to enjoy some Dalaran time. :wine_glass:

1 Like

Hey folks!

I hope that you are all excited about the faire! Here is some information regarding the Divination contest which will take place on the 21st. Feel free to ask me anything about this! If you are looking to try something different when it comes to event mechanics, then this is definitely for you!

IC Poster:

Scry me a River
Come and see, ladies and gentlemen! See who can see more than others see, see more than most can see in fact, see further than anyone has seen, see the seen and the unseen. See it happen here, in Dalaran, as the contest reveals who has the sharpest mind and the sharpest spells to unravel the mysterious puzzle laid before them. Now if at this point you do not see what this contest is about, fret not! That simply means that you are not qualified to compete, however, you are most welcome to observe. On this night, let us find out who stands above all others when it comes to Divination.

OOC Info
The divination contest is an event in which contestants (the characters) are trying to solve a puzzle as quickly as possible by using Divination magic in order to gather clues. The first one to have an answer for the puzzle wins.

On an OOC level, this contest will utilize a special mechanic which is based on the classic table-top game “Mastermind”. This game revolves around breaking a code. Just like in the classic game, players will have a turn to make a guess for the code and receive feedback via whisper about their guess. This progress will of course directly influence their IC progress. We will use a preselected group of raid marker symbols for the code.

While this may seem complicated at first, you will quickly realize that Mastermind is as simple of a system as the normal rolling system utilized in RP. However, it does rely on player input rather than dice.

Requirements:

• Form a basic understanding of “Mastermind” via google, friends or by directly contacting me. (I will offer a basic tutorial 40 mins before the event, for those who would like that.)
  • Divination magic is required to compete.

IC Rewards (May be updated):

• Winner: A unique title, a concerningly large crystal ball, 20 gold and an extraordinarily pointy wizards’ hat.

• 2nd Place: 10 gold and a very pointy hat.

• 3rd Place: A somewhat pointy hat.

OOC Rewards (May also be updated):

• Winner: 10k Gold.
  • 2nd Place: 5k Gold.

Contact info:
Look for Cassandra Hawk in the mage Discords. Kelly will surely guide you to me if that is needed.
For contacting me in WoW OOC or IC: Ghostpepper (Cassandra Hawk)

4 Likes

EDIT: Cancelled since no one signed up. There will be a talk instead at 20:30 RT.
Heyo!
Here is some information regarding the upcoming magic talent show on the 23rd at 20:00 RT. Contact me or Cassandra if you have any questions or if you want to sign up.
When signing up, please include the names of the people that will be performing the act with you. You can sign up by contacting me or Cassandra (see our contact info below).

The Magic Talent Show poster:

Magic and Art, combined in front of your very eyes! Come and watch as entertainers from all across the world perform extraordinary acts of magic and theatrics. Be amused, be amazed, be there! In the end, one act shall be crowned as the “Dalaran Magic Faire Act of the Year”! If all of this will not convince you, then perhaps it will warm your heart to know that all earnings will be donated to increasing the accessibility to magical education for the young. Entry is free, however, we will accept donations.

OOC Information:
The Magic Talent Show will be an emoting contest where the main goal is to create a show for the judges and audience. It will purely rely on creative and descriptive emotes and will allow you to express the artistic and performer side of your character. You can sign up as an individual, or as a group!

Requirements:

• 1-4 people per performance
  • Signup beforehand (only 6 slots will be available)
  • The act should take no longer than 15 min
  • Magic has to be the star of the act, although it is not limited to Arcane magic alone.
  • No fel, void, necromancy or any dark magic is allowed of course.

Rubric:
Your act will be graded on:

• Novelty
  • Creativity
  • How crucial magic is to your act
  • (OOC) Emote quality

IC Rewards (may be updated):

• Winner: 20 gold and The Cloak of Illusion, a magnificent colorful enchanted cloak that allows you to appear as whatever or whoever you desire*

• 2nd Place: 10 gold, and an enchanted pen, allowing you to dictate ideas on how to guarantee the first place in the next talent competition**

• 3rd Place: 5 gold, and a magical wand that allows you or your friends to appear as a member of another alliance or horde race***

OOC Rewards (may be updated)

• Winner: 10k Gold split between people

• 2nd Place: 5K Gold split between people

Contact info:
Look for Will Cobblepot (polyfang#1393) or Cassandra Hawk in the mage discord.
For contacting me or Cassandra in-game: Polyfang (Wilfred Cobblepot), Ghostpepper (Cassandra Hawk)

*For a limited time as the cloak has finite energy and needs time to recharge after use. Not guaranteed to be able to fool magically inclined folks and demon hunters. Take note of the legality of magical artifacts and illusions in your jurisdiction before leaving the city with this artifact.

**This enchanted pen is not suitable for tattooing.

*** This wand only has 20 charges and is permanently spent after all the charges are used up. Take note of the legality of magical artifacts and illusions in your jurisdiction before leaving the city with this wand.

2 Likes