Mage Tower in Shadowlands

It’s impossible to complete. I started playing wow 15 years ago. I guess I know how to play.

The stats & gear are scaled down too much IMO, while missing all the Legion talents and artifacts gear support. I watched some videos of players completing this challenge in Legion and it was easier than now.

Will it be doable in Dragon Flight ? If not, take a look and please bring it down to a reasonable level. Thank you.

I was trying 2 hours with my ret pally (282 item level) and nothing - I die from the shadow damage combined to other AOE while avoiding with slows and CC the one shot mechanics… I guess Repentance got nerfed ?! It’s not even stopping Sygrin for more than 2-3 seconds.

I’m very disappointed now and I’m writing here in hope of a fix.

Thank you.

7 Likes

Suggestions are sent in-game. CS reps do not handle suggestions or bug reports.

Many have completed some or even all the challenges so I would not call them “impossible”.

Ilevel doesn’t matter because of the scaling so you should get the most effective items from previous expansion(s) and use them. Wowhead for example has lots of guides for that and general mage tower info, including guides for specific classes.

In short, get better at playing the game. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just to say. some of the challenges do feel way overtuned. being not impossible dosen’t mean they shoulden’t be a little fixed!
agatha on fury warriors for example is way more fair of a challenge than… Guardian druid… guardian is just. P A I N

1 Like

Ret challange is one of the easiest, u better learn abit more tacts on that fight.

What rubbish.

I’m awful at ret. Legit terrible and I did it. You’re wrong on every front. Repentance works for ages, if you’re dying you’re standing in bad and “I guess I know how to play” - yea, its always a shocker to find out theres a yawning cavern between your ability and reality.

1 Like

But my mother says im pretty but yet im single :expressionless: she also told me im a world star when i sing

1 Like

no your just bad clear multi class heck spent most time classic get good game srcub

1 Like

I love how when someone makes a topic saying they can’t do something…the community just tells them to get good instead of giving some tips to help out :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I think people are generally helpful when people ask for help.

When they start with “its impossible, trust me bro I know how to play” then follow it up with drivel about how cc only works for 2/3 seconds (it doesn’t) their patience wears thin.

But in the interests of being helpful, make sure their health hits zero before yours does OP.

2 Likes

Hmm true…

Nice helpfull tip now though :rofl:

I guess you don’t :smiley:

1 Like

Anyone who spends enough time with mage tower to learn the fights step by step can complete all challenges eventually, some need more time than others, I know i’d have to dedicate months so i’m happy with having completed one challenge.

Mage tower is the ultimate solo challenge WoW has to offer and as such, the difficulty level shows. It was originally tied to legion timewalking but due to it’s nature it was unfair to have it time limited so now, you have all the time in the world to dedicate yourself to this if you’re up to the challenge.

the bad thing is the unbalance. in legion time with my ww i almost did it but now i was oneshotted after 20 secs.

2 Likes

Well maybe the OP should have acted less entitled then.
Given that 15 years of playing the game does not make you good at it.
And using it trying to prove a point is quite cringe.

WW is still a joke tho, its the first one i did and there are no one shots if you play the fight.

If you got one shot after 20s then you do not remember the fight that well. Nothing to do with the unbalance.

no isnt a joke. im tired ppl sayin “is a joke. is a joke. is a joke” for everything. i died almost immediately. am i a bad player? Probably.
In the end i gave up to try this new mage tower. i let this joke to the ppl able to win this joke.
Probably unbalance isnt the right word. Untuned is better.

3 Likes

I think mage tower should’ve bene easyer.
keeping the challenge but not make It Harder.
I think that something at that level of difficulty should be for something current, not a reintroduction of something in the past.

1 Like

To you maybe, that is fair.
But is by a far margin the easiest mage tower combo out there (WW + Worm).
There is no enrage timer, and the class has 4732947 different CC and a melee kick you can simply manage easily whatever the boss throws at you.

And you basically just cleave them down by waving in CCs, while also killings eggs/totem when they spawn.

That’s it, that is the fight, even if you do like 1/3 of the dps as you are supposed to do, as long as you do the mechanics you are going to kill the boss.

Compared to other mage towers is a joke, yes. That does not mean it will be a joke to everyone, but the fight isn’t different from legion, you were just outgearing it back then and probably did not pay attention to the mechancs.

Probably. But i find this new mt worse than the old one.
Fortunately i know my limits and let this horrible experience behind my back.
Continuing in this way probably ill just write in forum instead playin, cuz too many things arent for me ingame.

1 Like

It seems in the past I was a better player…because I did it then and failed to do it so far now :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, the new one is indeed worse, that is for sure, true for any of the challenge.
The Monk WW one is just the least affected by it simply based on how the fight is designed.

Aka:

• Important cast of Totem/Worm/Boss should not go off. Prio should be if i remember right (Boss>Totem>Worm). Boss just deletes you if cast goes off, Worm unless enraged just chuck your HP which is not a big deal with Monk given you can heal back up easily, and Totem stun you and that can make you open to a Stun+Cast combo oneshot so thats pretty high priority)
  • Do not get hit by worm while underground.
  • Do not kill the Tauren with Worm full HP.
  • Kill Eggs.

All this mechanics are pretty unaffected by the harsher scaling we have right now in the TW Mage Tower, because pretty much all of them (except eggs which are not a problem even now) are probably going to kill you. The only results is that the fight, if you do low dps is gonna be a bit long.

So really, if you ever wanna retry it and can stream your screen i would gladly help wave in a tip or two. I am pretty sure you can manage it.

2 Likes