Mage tower sucks nerf it

Done with affliction warlock after about 40 tries. Not so hard as I thought it would be, but I used lots of siege of orgrimmar gear.

Which spec/boss should I go for if I want the mage transmog? Which class is the easiest to do the healing encounter with?

I’m not gonna bother with Kruul. I’ll wait and see if Blizzards decides to nerf him next time the tower is up.

2 Likes

Honestly, I think fire is the easiest of the mage challenges by far. I did it without the ravaged seed pod from The Emerald Nightmare but I think that would make it even easier since it lines up with the add spawns so you can alter time, blink in, drop and and alter back out after a couple of arcane explosions (yes, on the fire mage challenge!)

Go for frost if you can kite really well (turns out I can’t).

I’ve only healed it on a paladin this time round but I think consensus is its one of the easier healers to do it on. They have a really good all round toolkit for the fight. If I’m honest I’d prefer a monk on the last phase but the mid gauntlet is harder for a monk with their lack of good ranged damage.

yup, demo is far easier than destro (destro too long fight, not mechanic)
just keep doom always cycling and do the mechanics
keep all 3 together for demon to spin
i used seed pod wich pairs with demonic strenght every min for big aoe cleave

felstorm 15.3%
legion strike 10.6%
Doom 10%
seed pod 9.5%
demon autoatack 6.6%

i get towards phase 3 then the adds and everything melts me

blizzard already given up on MT why dont u guys do the same :rofl:

Fire mage was the easiest for me.

I’d say their difficulty is quite different. Not really one easier than other, they just rely on different things.
Sigryn (Demo) is probably the easiest for me.

I completed Raest (Affli) however, because I don’t like Demo playstyle. I had to deal with pet management however. But on the other hand, I could use globals to do damage while moving (which isn’t really that easy as Demo or Destro).

I absolutely hate the mechanics of the worm as Destro.

Which one did you do eventually?

3 Likes

Affliction. I killed Karam, and spammed agony on all the adds to empower life drain while slowly killing Raest. Pet management is easy if you bind a move pet button. I’m happy because the armor set looks awesome!

I don’t like the mechanics of the feltotem boss either. The tauren has way too much HP.

3 Likes

I give up with this mage tower… Just cant seem to get Kruul past the 10% mark he always just 1 shots me even if im halfway across the platform.

It feels like you need a tonne of macros and some luck to beat it. Spent too much gold on this already PLEASE BLIZZ let me buy this stupid bear form lol I would gladly pay £19 from the store for it… This tower challenge is so dumb.

I do find that a lot of the time its because I need to move my cursor over the bear form icon to switch between boomie and bear and it,ll be inbetween those times that I sometimes die, I got no idea how these people are using boomie forms and beating this crap for sure… Yet alone getting time to use regrowths in phase 2…

But I will try again tomorrow, Maybe i,ll stack all gems with Versatility instead of Agility and try a full on versa build maybe i can soak 1-2 more annhilations with it…

3 Likes

cant inspect your armory
i already left a ton of tips for some1 on my lvl51 druid

1 tip i forgot to mention was using seed pod at the start (right as fight starts) this let me have 1 more usage during kruul and ended finishing kruul when i was chainning the orbs to delay 4th anihilate.
i did this by being in moonkin form standing near variss, pressing pod right away then using “charge” to leap back from the variss pool, then proceed as normal

Just completed it.

You can survive 4 annihilations.

1. ironfur

2. barskin+iron fur

3. survival instinct+ iron fur

4. survival instinct+barskin. Throw in an iron fur to be safer.

For the third and fourth you need to be full health. So save 1 charge of frenzied regen when you know the spell is coming or use one those healing things from velen. After the fourth get ready to heal youself because you’re going to be pretty low

2 Likes

Just go into p2 in bear form and learn to what cds to use for each annihilate.

Each one hurts more so just have a plan for that.

After that it’s just picking up the adds which you do in p1 and interrupting occasionally.

By far the biggest job is having a clear plan on what buttons to hit on annihilates.

Try to find a keybind for it instead?

2 Likes

I’m hoping Acti-Blizz will just keep MT open a bit longer and nerf the destro encounter and the others so the non super elite players can actually do this timewalking content.

Iron fur is default, it should be up all the time :stuck_out_tongue:

I did bind that, but I didn’t find it easy, sometimes my pet didn’t obey at first, and I couldn’t get mouseover to work for sending pet somewhere.
It’d be easy in Tugar or Sigryn fights, but it’s hard in Raest, when you try to move (and I move with mouse) and at the same time you try to position pet well.

Just keep at it. Trust me, you will get the kill.

Some advise from my side that helped me a lot.

If you have access to you Legion claw weapons use them. Each can have its own enchant as well as each have a stack of shadowcore oil. Double the shadowcore oil blasts :slight_smile: . Then if you have not yet got the seed trinket, go get it as well as the Dragonling trinket. My Dragonling had 1 Haste, 1 Mastery and 1 Crit gear in.

Last bit of advice, P2 is about finding your rhythm and route. When you enter P2 make sure to actively engage the Horrors and use your seed with them and Kruul together. Also if there are no horrors dump single target DPS into Kruul whilst walking backwards to avoid the smashes.

2 Likes

Go casuals you got 4 days left.

Gave up as a unholy dk. Watched an old video from legion they only got maybe one or two waves of healing imps and maybe two fuming imps. In my experience Phase one takes three times as long with todays balancing.

Why did they make it three times harder then back then.

Did the windwalker one in an hour seemed pretty balanced alot less rng involved but the gap between the difficulty of challenges is insane.
Dabbled in both raiding and m+ 4/10 mythic and 2400-2500 rio and not gonna lie magetower is harder then all that i did.

Was the purpose of magetower really to be the hardest content in game at this point? Unless you play a fury warrior. Very absurd to me

4 Likes

Cringe af…